wrecked it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scubaraptor

Reaction score
If you go to court I hope you don't get the same moronic judge that I got. My wife totaled her car when she pulled out in front of someone who was passing in a no passing zone (blind hill obviously no passing zone for a reason). Fought the ticket in court she got for failure to yield (other driver not there). Judge says it's still her fault she pulled out in front of a moving car! So I asked the judge 1. So if some guy is driving the wrong way down a 1 way street and he hits you when you pull out because you are looking the other way it's your fault? and 2. If she had pulled out in front of someone running a red light it's her fault? Bastard threatened me with contempt.

Dude didn't even get a ticket for no insurance!

Don't get me on a rant about how it's the innocent drivers that get shafted every time.

Last edited:

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you go to court I hope you don't get the same moronic judge that I got. My wife totaled her car when she pulled out in front of someone who was passing in a no passing zone (blind hill obviously no passing zone for a reason). Fought the ticket in court she got for failure to yield (other driver not there). Judge says it's still her fault she pulled out in front of a moving car! So I asked the judge 1. So if some guy is driving the wrong way down a 1 way street and he hits you when you pull out because you are looking the other way it's your fault? and 2. If she had pulled out in front of someone running a red light it's her fault? Bastard threatened me with contempt.

Dude didn't even get a ticket for no insurance!

Don't get me on a rant about how it's the innocent drivers that get shafted every time.

i agree with you man... there are many times, wehre i think having common sense leaves you at a disadvantage..... court is deniatly one of them....

OP
OP
Phyguy

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Received the camera today (wow, wasn't expecting saturday delivery with free amazon shipping). My first impressions is that the unit is smaller than I thought (this is a good thing for line-of-sight). Also, the power cable is super long (I hope it's long enough to run it where I want to).

I'll try to get it installed tomorrow and post some feedback.

OP
OP
Phyguy

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any advice in running the wire for the camera? I thought I saw something a LONG time ago about wiring up the camera to the center console power. My search didn't turn up much. Help?

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Any advice in running the wire for the camera? I thought I saw something a LONG time ago about wiring up the camera to the center console power. My search didn't turn up much. Help?

This is what I did.
From the visor across to the drivers side A pillar down and under through the center console and to the back.
I placed a switch so I could turn on and off whenever I needed and hooked up an in-line fuse to it.

Pic is inside my center console.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2083-A.jpg
    IMG_2083-A.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 171
OP
OP
Phyguy

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is what I did.
From the visor across to the drivers side A pillar down and under through the center console and to the back.
I placed a switch so I could turn on and off whenever I needed and hooked up an in-line fuse to it.

Pic is inside my center console.

attachment.php

Thanks! I like your fuse/switch setup. I may have to revisit my install to do that.

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

Got the install of the camera complete. I decided to drill a small hole in my console. I debated it, but given the length of the provided cable and the lack of other paths into the console without pinching the wire I decided to drill baby drill. The only thing I need to do is find a rubber grommet to fit in the hole I drilled. I have a list started for the home improvement stores for other projects, so I'll pick one up when I'm out.

Here's the install in the console. (grommet will be placed in the hole around the wire):

21mb1cp.jpg

Under the console near the shifting mechanism. T25 torx to get the console lid off. (note: don't lift up the console too high or the mounting clips in the front come out. It's a PAIN to get it back in without breaking (don't ask me how I know)):

1581dew.jpg

6yp2d0.jpg

Under console cluster and behind glove box. 7MM to get the glove box off. The extra wire is for the Ford luminescent lighting kit (installed by a ford tech...notice how he ran the wire between the metal support and plastic trim instead of under the instrument cluster):

szd00g.jpg

27yse2d.jpg

Up the passenger A pillar. 7MM to get the A pillar cover off. I used the existing wire clips for the air bag being sure not to obstruct airbag functionality should it need to deploy:

16aeipf.jpg

18mxvs.jpg

(In case anyone is interested, here's the 1" behind the A-pillar):

2zs5eer.jpg

Tuck it into the headliner and then the finished install (much like ironman's):

2itn2pv.jpg

727h3b.jpg

The software is much like Ironman's which can be found in his post earlier in this thread. It tracks speed, three angles of G-force, GPS (maps out on google maps), and you can turn off the inside camera. You can also save the video files from the proprietary format to MP4.

Wish I would have had this a week ago.

Last edited:

IRONMAN

Reaction score
You know I have not been able to figure out how to upload those videos...hahahaa SAD I KNOW.
Also I should have told you that you could have dropped down your wire from inside your console for it to run near your shifter WITHOUT drilling any holes.
Inside your console above the power supply there is a notch to fit this wire just under the right lip edge.
I ran my 2nd USB plug through there.

OP
OP
Phyguy

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You know I have not been able to figure out how to upload those videos...hahahaa SAD I KNOW.
Also I should have told you that you could have dropped down your wire from inside your console for it to run near your shifter WITHOUT drilling any holes.
Inside your console above the power supply there is a notch to fit this wire just under the right lip edge.
I ran my 2nd USB plug through there.

Ehhh...no problem. I'm very pleased with how it works and how the install went so far.