Wrapping Fender Flares?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So... stuff getting done to the truck this week. One of the things was to wrap the fender flares to match body of the truck... Have wraps come far along enough that it can withstand the odd rock here n there or should I just dish out for having them painted?

Thanks for letting me ask my stupid question...

-Keith

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wrap will won’t chip like paint but it will, over time, show dings and what not from rocks. Also keep in mind, wrap is meant to be temporary. Meaning it needs to be replaced every few years, it will eventually dry out. The upside about wrapping the fender flares is, you can have them re-wrapped once they become beat up rather than repainted and worrying about matching new paint to old paint.

DKS2814V

Reaction score
I inquired about wrapping my flares. It was highly discouraged by two outfits. So I ended up paint matching my AMB and then PPF'd. I also paint matched the front and rear bumpers....and it looks fantastic, in my opinion.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So... stuff getting done to the truck this week. One of the things was to wrap the fender flares to match body of the truck... Have wraps come far along enough that it can withstand the odd rock here n there or should I just dish out for having them painted?

Thanks for letting me ask my stupid question...

-Keith
Whatever you do, don’t wrap the flares to color match the paint, if you do that, you might as well put on some 24s next.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I inquired about wrapping my flares. It was highly discouraged by two outfits. So I ended up paint matching my AMB and then PPF'd. I also paint matched the front and rear bumpers....and it looks fantastic, in my opinion.
You probably should have purchased an Escalade, lowered it, and put on some wheels that look like they belong to a Biden supporter.

OP
OP
Keith88

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do freak out. I’m having them painted along with the bumpers with ppf. This is what I’m after. But with these 17” methods.

Attachments

• E27F1704-D25A-4EE4-9BF9-6DB30F31E7B0.jpeg
    E27F1704-D25A-4EE4-9BF9-6DB30F31E7B0.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 102