Wrap vs. Paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Westside Offroad Group

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
$2000-3500 for a single color, depending on materials brand, if its textured or not, etc.

more if you do custom graphics design and embossed stuff and whatever else

Scozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the average cost of a wrap

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What Bieber said. I would look at pictures and references and remember the ole saying, "you get what you pay for!" Look around your area and when you find the right place, you'll know it. Don't be afraid to ask for a discount / price break. You would be surprised how many places will give you one simply by asking for one.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?t=31296

drtexas72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have you considered Plastidipping your truck? check out you tube under Plastidip car and you will see what i'm talking about. I considered doing my front end just for the rock chip prevention but I don't know if they have a good match for the factory paint. I know that they have a whole lot of colors to choose from and it is rather inexpensive.

JDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just don't wax or polish the vinyl wrap. I live where the sun is pretty harsh and waxed my wrapped hood to prevent premature fading.

Wrong thing to do!

My wrap is a satin sheen and the swirl marks from the wax were hideous! I finally got off all the wax and swirl marks by using windex.

Does anyone know if you can clay vinyl wrap? I have some paint overspray on my hood and needs to be taken off. I have tried most everything and claying will be the last resort.

Black Betty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i keep going back and fourth on this one. i'm not in love with the factory blue. if i chose from the menu it'd probably be just black on black. but isn't that boring?

but i absolutely love (i can't believe i'm about to say this) Justin Bieber blue. and the only way to get that looking perfect, i think, is a wrap.

Black is the Black

teginder81

Reaction score
A car wrap is a sticker over all over your vechile. I think it will fade faster since it is a sticker, and it can tear. Paint Jobs will have oxidation when left in the weather. So I can see how you are torn in the middle. Personally, I've had graphics on a vehile and it bubbled and faded. I have also had a Paint job done an it oxidated in spots, but the color didnt fade. So if I have to get something done (paint v car wrap) I will pick Paint.

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the info had an AWSOME idea but I think that's a little too rich for my blood. I think I would rather have some bump stops and some shocks before I do somthing like a wrap.