Wrap vs. Paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

showerfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the eternal Wrap vs. Paint debate, one thing is holding me back on the former, especially in the mandatory matte form.

Can you drive a wrapped truck through a carwash? i know many of you would never submit your truck to such torture, but i don't see myself washing the Raptor by hand. Wait, does the Raptor even fit in a carwash???

or-matte-wrap-by-re-styling-video-photo-gallery_14.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

Also, does anyone know who does this ubiquitous (on the internet) matte blue wrap job? it looks so hot, i want it.

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like Justin Biebers wrap color

image-3737131267.jpg

I take my truck to two types of car washes.

Hand wash or the coin activated self spray stall wash.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Paint is permanent. Wrap will be if you're not careful.

I love the idea of a wrap but the truth is get the color you want so you don't need to spend all that money on plastic wrapping your Raptor.

I think wraps are a great idea but the reality is not so much.

OP
OP
showerfan

showerfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i keep going back and fourth on this one. i'm not in love with the factory blue. if i chose from the menu it'd probably be just black on black. but isn't that boring?

but i absolutely love (i can't believe i'm about to say this) Justin Bieber blue. and the only way to get that looking perfect, i think, is a wrap.

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i keep going back and fourth on this one. i'm not in love with the factory blue. if i chose from the menu it'd probably be just black on black. but isn't that boring?

but i absolutely love (i can't believe i'm about to say this) Justin Bieber blue. and the only way to get that looking perfect, i think, is a wrap.

That's not blue it Nurple... I mean Purple, but it does look good.

Westside Offroad Group

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Love me some wraps

If you want a gloss finish, wraps won't have the depth of paint. If you want matte or brushed or something cool like carbon fiber, wrapping is awesome.

A wrap could probably be fine in a car wash, but I would risk it. Use optimum no rinse wash and wax and you can wash a Raptor in 15 minutes. That stuff makes my vinyl look awesome too.

That first truck looks like an xpel protective layer over the paint where the base color is visible. Most wraps are like my brushed blue steel, where the color is entirely in the wrap, so that the color underneath doesn't matter at all, except for door jambs and whatever.

cbs001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I take mine through the car wash once in a while with no problems, I just drive out before the heat guns start.

mjyst3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes the Raptor will go through a car wash. I am apart of a wash club and get mine washed at least 3x per week (no wrap). I get unlimited hand washes for $60 a month. What can I say, the "Queen" likes to be clean!!!!

Let the Hating begin.. :GetMoney:

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes the Raptor will go through a car wash. I am apart of a wash club and get mine washed at least 3x per week (no wrap). I get unlimited hand washes for $60 a month. What can I say, the "Queen" likes to be clean!!!! Let the Hating begin.. :GetMoney:

I would do that if they offered it around here

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner