Wrap makers, too cheap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Will eventually be wrapping my Raptor, but am going to wrap my sons older f150 (bit of a clunker) first to experiment. Wrap material isn't that cheap. Was looking at VVivid and most of there's is good for 7 years outside, then I found cheaper (by half) Bestcarwrap and there's is good for 3 years outside. Anybody have experience with this stuff and also, what is everybody cleaning the body with prior to laying the wrap?

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
I cant speak for wrap on the outside but i used vivid wrap for an interior project on my old tahoe. It held up very well to daily wear and tear plus the hot and freezing temps. I may actually use it again on this new screw for some parts that have blems on it.

Definitely gonna follow this since i want to wrap my exterior plastic vents.

OP
OP
CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I was looking to wrap my old Yukon a while back, I found this guy's channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrSpyderGT. He's got some comparison videos as well as a ton of videos with tips on how to wrap different vehicles. I hope it helps.
Well, that was a very informative video, a lot of good tips. I might try the cheaper wrap for my sons truck as he just wants a color change, if nobody comments bout how bad it is before the end of the day, lol.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, that was a very informative video, a lot of good tips. I might try the cheaper wrap for my sons truck as he just wants a color change, if nobody comments bout how bad it is before the end of the day, lol.

From what I've seen, most issues with wraps occur because they were installed improperly. If you get air bubbles and tears around edges. Given that, I would definitely go with cheaper wrap for my first go round.

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used both VVivivd and 3m and I found 3m to be way better in terms of quality and ease of working with. The 3m just seemed to contour so much better. I have have had success in wrapping some things and failure in others. It is all about the prep, start small and work your way up to larger projects with it to see if you want to take the plunge. I have wasted plenty of time and wrap. Spent a few hour on my motorcycle tank using VVivid film, went to pull it up and readjust it tore, just like that 2-3 hours down the drain.

OP
OP
CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have used both VVivivd and 3m and I found 3m to be way better in terms of quality and ease of working with. The 3m just seemed to contour so much better. I have have had success in wrapping some things and failure in others. It is all about the prep, start small and work your way up to larger projects with it to see if you want to take the plunge. I have wasted plenty of time and wrap. Spent a few hour on my motorcycle tank using VVivid film, went to pull it up and readjust it tore, just like that 2-3 hours down the drain.
This is why I am going to probably get the cheap stuff for my sons truck and practice on it. I did some wrapping early on in life when I worked in autobody, but that was a lifetime ago, lol.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Yep. I tried to wrap my B pillars on a windy day. Failed miserably. I gave up.

This is why I am going to probably get the cheap stuff for my sons truck and practice on it. I did some wrapping early on in life when I worked in autobody, but that was a lifetime ago, lol.

Old school wrapper....

Webber2017

Reaction score
Mine was already wrapped when I bought it so not sure who did it or even how long it’s been on or price … Chemical Guys sell a good product for wraps that I use … mine even sets out in Florida sun and so far there’s no fading or peeling … wasn’t too sure about the wrap when I originally bought the truck but now I think when the time comes I will rewrap for sure … it holds up great and looks bad *** !!