WOW, Ford listens to its buyers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Ford listened to owners the Ranger and the Raptor would have a V8 option.
Duh.

Unfortunately, the guys in the accounting department sometimes have a louder voice than the guys in the marketing department. I still have hopes for the Gen 3 though. I've heard some pretty cool options/changes, but still no word on engine.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the guys in the accounting department sometimes have a louder voice than the guys in the marketing department. I still have hopes for the Gen 3 though. I've heard some pretty cool options/changes, but still no word on engine.

Agree. this was the easiest way to make some profit, nothing more then a cash grab.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the accounting department has more influence than the marketing department, then they both have more influence than the engineering and design department, and the consumer has no voice or chance at all. Who asked for a Chevrolet Cavalier? It was a kluged-together nightmare with a front end borrowed from one model, a rear end borrowed from another, and a drive train borrowed from a third. The engineers didn't come up with that idea, nor die the buying public ask for it. Dollar signs drove that failed notion, and in the end it was dollar signs that killed it.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If the accounting department has more influence than the marketing department, then they both have more influence than the engineering and design department, and the consumer has no voice or chance at all. Who asked for a Chevrolet Cavalier? It was a kluged-together nightmare with a front end borrowed from one model, a rear end borrowed from another, and a drive train borrowed from a third. The engineers didn't come up with that idea, nor die the buying public ask for it. Dollar signs drove that failed notion, and in the end it was dollar signs that killed it.

If you haven’t read it already, I think you’d enjoy this book.

Car Guys vs. Bean Counters by Bob Lutz.

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/309185/car-guys-vs-bean-counters-by-bob-lutz/9781591846222/