Would you take a 21 right now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Sup smurf! Long time no talk. What’s this clunk you’re talking about? Is this the one in the front end that people talked about in the beginning?

Yeah, that’s the one. It seems not all of the Jen Tres have it, and doesn’t seem to matter whether it’s 35 or 37.

35 at MSRP, if I were in the market / needed a vehicle, I’d be all over it.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! It hasn’t been sitting yet it’s in transit. But as for it not being the exact truck I want is valid and I am thinking about that. Yes there will be no ADM from me ever.
The exact truck I want is a 37CO but they are selling for 10k adjusted, so to pay 17k less (cost of package and average ADM) for a 3Gen 35( not white or yellow) would be hard to pass up if I did not have to wait. Luckily you can drive it till the 37 you want comes available at the “right” price, and most likely not even lose a penny on this 3rd Generation 35.

flwrappeder

Reaction score
I paid 5k over last friday for a 21, id do it. That 37 package is a bit ridiculous in cost. the blue interior, Meh, the wheels, also meh, a suspension set up to run 37s from the dealer, sure. they can keep the rest though. kind of a dumb package in my opinion. i mean who really keeps stock wheels anymore?

speed77

Reaction score
There are some other changes between the 21 and 22 that you should consider as well. The biggest pro for the 22 is the my R button. But there are also a few cons- no media console lights, no cup holder lights and no digits on the temp knobs. None of those are a real deal break for me but since I have them on my 21 37 OW i like them. My R button would be nice but doesn’t bother me to switch the modes (since I am using it in different drive modes most days).

I love my 21 37. Was on the fence about the recaros but in person the blue is perfect and I’d want them again. If it’s not your thing then definitely wait for a 22. Only issue is that there are rumors that 22 37s are going to be tough to come by (but who really knows).

I’d jump on an MSRP deal if it’s available.

OP
OP
Azholley

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
There are some other changes between the 21 and 22 that you should consider as well. The biggest pro for the 22 is the my R button. But there are also a few cons- no media console lights, no cup holder lights and no digits on the temp knobs. None of those are a real deal break for me but since I have them on my 21 37 OW i like them. My R button would be nice but doesn’t bother me to switch the modes (since I am using it in different drive modes most days).

I love my 21 37. Was on the fence about the recaros but in person the blue is perfect and I’d want them again. If it’s not your thing then definitely wait for a 22. Only issue is that there are rumors that 22 37s are going to be tough to come by (but who really knows).

I’d jump on an MSRP deal if it’s available.
What’s this R button do? Just switch the mode to R without having to scroll?? And yea I’ve had a 22 37 order in since October but hasn’t gotten pulled cause the dealer hasn’t received an allocation yet. Spoke with my rep yesterday and he’s not confident it’s coming anytime soon. That’s what put me on the hunt for a different truck.