Would you take a 21 right now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Alright guys I found a 21 with all the options I want except for the 37 package but I could always add some collars and throw my own 37’s on. Would you guys buy a 21 for msrp right now? Given that it’s 22… let me know. I’m stuck and need help lol

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright guys I found a 21 with all the options I want except for the 37 package but I could always add some collars and throw my own 37’s on. Would you guys buy a 21 for msrp right now? Given that it’s 22… let me know. I’m stuck and need help lol
if your planning on getting one, absolutely I would and did. I bought a 2018 at the end of December 2018. and I just picked up a 2021 on January 14th. Had a 22 ordered but figured a 2021 and 2022 are essentially the same trucks. the value of the truck doesn't depreciate like other vehicles. the miles and the shape the vehicle is what will dictate what it's worth. If it was last year between waiting for a 21' and you found a 20', I wouldn't because it wouldn't be the same because they changed so much but not the case between 21' and 22'.

I don't regret it at all..

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Any Raptor at MSRP in this buying environment is a score. I do think the ’22 brings that R mode button that the 21 lacks, but otherwise pretty comparable.

I might strongly consider a pretty stout test drive to see if it’s going to clunk or not but if the numbers make sense for you, MSRP is a deal right now.

OP
OP
Azholley

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Any Raptor at MSRP in this buying environment is a score. I do think the ’22 brings that R mode button that the 21 lacks, but otherwise pretty comparable.

I might strongly consider a pretty stout test drive to see if it’s going to clunk or not but if the numbers make sense for you, MSRP is a deal right now.
Sup smurf! Long time no talk. What’s this clunk you’re talking about? Is this the one in the front end that people talked about in the beginning?

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
Just opinions here, but you asked so here you go. I’d walk away from a truck that expensive that isn’t the truck you want and has been sitting for god knows how long. If you want 37’s then I’d wait till I got the truck you want unless your wealthy enough it doesn’t matter. MSRP isn’t a deal it’s what the truck should sell for at most. A deal is below MSRP and anyone paying ADM’s is just an idiot that can’t be helped. Everyone going insane over paying MSRP is just hilarious to me. Dealerships must love this market, everyone comes in hoping they can just maybe get near MSRP for them to be happy with a purchase…what a world

OP
OP
Azholley

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Just opinions here, but you asked so here you go. I’d walk away from a truck that expensive that isn’t the truck you want and has been sitting for god knows how long. If you want 37’s then I’d wait till I got the truck you want unless your wealthy enough it doesn’t matter. MSRP isn’t a deal it’s what the truck should sell for at most. A deal is below MSRP and anyone paying ADM’s is just an idiot that can’t be helped. Everyone going insane over paying MSRP is just hilarious to me. Dealerships must love this market, everyone comes in hoping they can just maybe get near MSRP for them to be happy with a purchase…what a world
Thanks for the reply! It hasn’t been sitting yet it’s in transit. But as for it not being the exact truck I want is valid and I am thinking about that. Yes there will be no ADM from me ever.

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! It hasn’t been sitting yet it’s in transit. But as for it not being the exact truck I want is valid and I am thinking about that. Yes there will be no ADM from me ever.
Yeah bro, for me if I wanted a 37 and just got a 35 I’d just end up eventually getting a 37 anyways. Id rather just buy the right thing the first time IMHO

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just want to know if you are still impatiently waiting for your 17 Screw AG 801A remote start w/spray in bed liner? How about updating your signature if not, ha ha.