Would You Buy Front Rock Deflectors?

Does an extended rock-deflecting side step concept interest you?

• Yes, and I would consider buying it.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Yes, but I'm not sure I would buy it over cheaper alternatives (mud flaps, 3M film, etc.).

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • No, I don't care for projectile protection for my doors.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No interest in this concept, but projectile protection for this area does interest me.

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BMart

FRF Resident Artist
Reaction score
I posted this product/improvement idea for ADD (within their section) for technical feedback, but I wanted to get a better idea if people are interested in the general concept, so I created this poll.

A lot of guys don't want their doors getting roosted on every time they get after it in the dirt. Some of these same guys don't want mud flaps because of aesthetics. It got me thinking that a side step could be modified to cover the gap behind the front fenders. It would seem this would also give a whole new reason (excuse) to purchase aftermarket side steps: projectile protection.

I made a quick mock to visualize what I'm talking about. You can see that the gap between the front of the side step and rear of the front fender is now filled by an extension of the side step.

fillthegap_zps0f0a621b.png

To be clear, this poll is NOT "Would you buy this side step if it existed?" The poll is relative to the concept:

Would you like to see this feature implemented on aftermarket side steps, and if so, would you consider purchasing such a product?

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We already designed some.... It's hard to mount to stock side steps, but once mounted, they work very well.

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

We had them on a truck for the Snoball prerun

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

But I guess the question is regarding aftermarket side steps. They work... Plus it keeps mud and stuff of your truck.

OP
OP
BMart

BMart

FRF Resident Artist
Reaction score
Do you have any images of your implementation? I'd really like to see how you guys accomplished it. Glad to hear they worked well!

OP
OP
BMart

BMart

FRF Resident Artist
Reaction score
We already designed some.... It's hard to mount to stock side steps, but once mounted, they work very well.

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

We had them on a truck for the Snoball prerun

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

But I guess the question is regarding aftermarket side steps. They work... Plus it keeps mud and stuff of your truck.

Any plans on putting these into production? Also, I dug through the SnoBall albums and couldn't find any pictures. Still interested in seeing WSI's solution.