Would you Buy a 2022 Base Raptor....

Are you a buyer of a 2022 Raptor (base with torsen) less than 1k misc options at MSRP?

• Yes

Votes: 32 46.4%
  • No

Votes: 30 43.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Other (explain in comments please)

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Torsen here. I would say I need it, but really I want it. Big display? I’d give it up in a minute. Android auto has never worked for beans. Push button start? I’d pay extra for a key. Heated seats and remote start? I love ‘em. So call me a hypocrite. Aren’t we all?
At least the torsen is an option on the base model. The tailgate applique isn't an option on the base model anymore.
The applique was an option on 2017-18 800A's. I had a 2017 with the applique but it was no longer an option on 2019-20 800A so when I bought my 2020 I stepped up to an 801A. Prior to that I weighed out the option of buying a tailgate shell, getting it painted and buying an applique. It would've been cheaper than the 801A package but a big PITA so I got the 801A on my 2020 and got a few options that I didn't really want/need.

Tazercat

Reaction score
I'm struggling trying to decide if I will take watered down version of what I ordered or if I just need to hold out until the madness is over. At this point I am leaning toward PASS.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely! I have an Oxford White 800a Raptor on order with only two options. (Torsen & bead locks).

993737FD-ED59-4986-BBCA-53F3E6F9D879.png

OP
OP
B

Badboy4fun_wa

Reaction score
So many things have changed…. I’m sure many would order now hoping less chips mean Raptor is in driveway. Plus the packages as shipped from factory are closer than ever before. Hopefully by 2024 we get back to normal, we know the beginning of 2023 probably won’t be much different.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Experts are predicting the chip shortage will last well into 2023. It looks like F150 Raptors will continue to trickle out of Ford assembly plants.

CINISI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Statement from intel CEO. Some semiconductors (mostly new types) will see issues into 2024 but some others are close to meeting demand.
I’m already seeing a higher number of Raptors incoming then just a month or two ago.

“[W]e believe the overall semiconductor shortage will now drift into 2024, from our earlier estimates in 2023, just because the shortages have now hit equipment and some of those factory ramps will be more challenged,” he told CNBC on Friday.

But while that sounds a little doom-y and gloom-y, you should know that the “chip shortage” is an involved, evolving situation that doesn’t affect every kind of chip at every time. Some industries and some kinds of parts have been worse hit than others as things go on. In fact, Intel’s own chips are doing fairly well. “For the first time in years, Intel fabs and our substrate supply are close to meeting our customers’ demand,” Gelsinger said yesterday on the company’s Q1 2022 earnings call.”

sammy134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Statement from intel CEO. Some semiconductors (mostly new types) will see issues into 2024 but some others are close to meeting demand.
I’m already seeing a higher number of Raptors incoming then just a month or two ago.

“[W]e believe the overall semiconductor shortage will now drift into 2024, from our earlier estimates in 2023, just because the shortages have now hit equipment and some of those factory ramps will be more challenged,” he told CNBC on Friday.

But while that sounds a little doom-y and gloom-y, you should know that the “chip shortage” is an involved, evolving situation that doesn’t affect every kind of chip at every time. Some industries and some kinds of parts have been worse hit than others as things go on. In fact, Intel’s own chips are doing fairly well. “For the first time in years, Intel fabs and our substrate supply are close to meeting our customers’ demand,” Gelsinger said yesterday on the company’s Q1 2022 earnings call.”
Other industries that were also crippled by the shortage have now caught up, and actually discounted prices compared to their original MSRP. I am talking about the computer graphics cards market. So, I think the auto market will also catch up soon and get over this self induced shortage problem.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot changed since the original introduction, there’s pretty much no value in the base model now based on how Ford combined packages, base increases, and lower 801a price.

Doing some quick math, the same truck I have now is $72,990 after destination compared to what I paid in September 21 $66,720. So a $6,270 increase or 9%. Pretty much a no brainer to spring for 801a at like $3k more.

I still feel the base truck which was actually slightly under $68k OTD is still a killer value and probably had the least amount of profit for Ford (based on how they combined packages for 22 now and the base increases).