Would you Buy a 2022 Base Raptor....

Are you a buyer of a 2022 Raptor (base with torsen) less than 1k misc options at MSRP?

• Yes

Votes: 32 46.4%
  • No

Votes: 30 43.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Other (explain in comments please)

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This market is not going to last forever. If you buy and resell right away you might get someone desperate but if you’re looking a year or two I don’t think you’ll have the same luck.

While prices are all out of wack right now, and you can manage to make a profit off selling your vehicle right now, it certainly isn't a guarantee a year from now. If you want to buy a vehicle for a year waiting for what you really want, that's fine. Saying that it makes good financial sense is really just searching for reasons to justify it.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
800a is a good baragin. Leather, cooled seats, remote start, all standard
I had 801a 2018 w/ a La carte options & now a 800a (I think they did away w/ 800/801/802 that year no more cloth seat true strippy Raptors) & I prefer it this way. Not sure if still the same door handles on Gen3s, but the rough plastic handles look much better in many colors than the ones w/ body matched caps….that seemed to get scratched or pop off & look real chintzy (IMO) on certain colors esp white

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Base is the only way I would order one. I would try to get the Torsen package so you can have the Torsen front diff, but that is the only option that makes the Raptor better. It shouldn't be a deal breaker, but a nice to have.

37s will fit on a truck ordered with 35s and you get full suspension travel.
Hard to hear the 18 speaker system and the VHF simultaneously, so that's a waste.
Forward sensing system is disabled in Baja mode, so that's a waste.
Fancy headlights will never be brighter than just adding after market lights for your cool upfitter switches, so that's a waste.
I wouldn't tow anything that needs brakes with a Raptor, so that's a waste.
Moonroof is just going to break and leak eventually, so that's a waste.

Edit: I could hear an argument for the beadlock wheels. They are beneficial, but beadlocks are a pain and Icon has those Rebound Pro wheels that seem like they would be 80% as good as beadlocks with 10% of the hassle....and be DOT legal.

cheek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I put other simply because I would never order a base model. But being how my platinum wasn’t coming an this one basically fell in my lap. Apparently I would buy a base model! Lol

ENUNC8

Reaction score
Go for the Base model
My '18 is a base. Only thing I changed was conversion to the large display.
I am not interrested in extra 'junk' that breaks over time.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no idea why anyone buys a base anything but some people do so you'll make money on it. I'd buy it and flip it the next day.

I'd never be able to live with it though. I sold my 2018 for almost what I paid in June. I'm driving a 2016 Fiesta while I wait for my Gen 3 and I prefer that to a neutered version of the Raptor. A truck like the Raptor with anything short of all the goodies is pointless.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no idea why anyone buys a base anything but some people do so you'll make money on it. I'd buy it and flip it the next day.

I'd never be able to live with it though. I sold my 2018 for almost what I paid in June. I'm driving a 2016 Fiesta while I wait for my Gen 3 and I prefer that to a neutered version of the Raptor. A truck like the Raptor with anything short of all the goodies is pointless.
Man that’s some toxic thinking, but hey that Fiesta must be nice. I’ll throw you a Raptor wave at the stop light.