Would this **** you off?

IS THIS EXCEPTABLE TO YOU?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ALDABRAMAN

ALDABRAMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2014 SCREW is my first Ford product... previously owned Toyota's, Acura's, Lexus, and Mercedes... and even a Hyundai. I really wish the domestics would spend more time on the fit and finish... out of all those makes I've owned I would say the Raptor has the poorest assembly quality and fit and finish. The mismatch colors means that Ford does not control their subcontractors very well... looks like they leave a wide tolerance in their specs on what is allowable to past their incoming parts quality control. They probably do this to save cost since this allows their subs to reject less and also not have to control their processes as tightly. If the imports can make vehicles with matched body panels and consistent gaps and higher quality plastics and sell them at the same price or less there should be no reason why our domestics can't do the same. I love the way my Raptor drives and there's a lot of thought put into the engineering of the truck.. but the execution falls short. It's still a good truck but it could be a great world class truck if Ford would just spend a little more time on the quality, ergonomics, and fit and finish.

* My thoughts exactly, I totally agree 100%!

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

I would give up on your quest. I just looked at mine and took a picture. Odd though but from the drivers side it doesn't look as noticable.
ru6ugygu.jpg

* Thank you, from what i found out, Ford is aware of this and seems it is normal! Honestly, they ordered a third one and it was the exact same color! Ford either designed it this way or they have two different vendors and simply have no interest in color matching, LOL!

* Crystal, maybe you could find out the answer or reason this is?

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
...* Crystal, maybe you could find out the answer or reason this is?

Hi ALDABRAMAN,

Unfortunately, I don't have access to the folks that design our vehicles, otherwise I'd be happy to ask. If you'd like, I'd be happy to document your feedback for internal review. PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, dealer info, and any specifics you'd like me to include; I'll take it from there. :)

Crystal

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jerks...... I didn't even notice. Guess what the first thing I am going to look at, and notice when I get in my truck after work. Now this is going to bug me.

Damn

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It isn't right. We pay too much for it to not be right. Just tell them to get it fixed right. If they don't call Ford. That will get them moving for sure.