Would this fit into the Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nope, they do not require special air filters.

Intercoolers are NOT a requirement although they do help a great deal keeping the air charge temperature down. The GT500 engine mentioned has an intercooler under the supercharger in the intake valley of the engine (the V)

Yuppers, the roots type system used on the Cobra GT500/Harely/Lightning/03-04 Cobras have the intercoller mounted under the supercharger. These are Air to Water units which use a heat exchanger mounted in the front of the vehicle and a pump that pumps water to the intercooler. These heat exchangers are basically small radiators. They do get dusty but nothing to complain about. The big issue is the blowers tend to suck oil past the PCV valve and into the intake system. This will coat the intercooler and gum it up. All you need to do is install a quality oil catch can inline with the PCV valve.

Personally, I would go with the N/A DOHC 5.4L.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yuppers, the roots type system used on the Cobra GT500/Harely/Lightning/03-04 Cobras have the intercoller mounted under the supercharger. These are Air to Water units which use a heat exchanger mounted in the front of the vehicle and a pump that pumps water to the intercooler. These heat exchangers are basically small radiators. They do get dusty but nothing to complain about. The big issue is the blowers tend to suck oil past the PCV valve and into the intake system. This will coat the intercooler and gum it up. All you need to do is install a quality oil catch can inline with the PCV valve.
Personally, I would go with the N/A DOHC 5.4L.
Fords PCV systems suck in a big way. I had my intercooler cleaned at 50,000 miles on my Lightning and it was intercooler not pretty. With running a blower you want to have the air charge temp as low as you can get it. It running an intercooler isn't an option when you can run **** or a small shot of nitrous. I prefer nitrous over **** because has problem with clogging the nozzle and you end up putting coonecting rod inspection windows in the block.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fords PCV systems suck in a big way. I had my intercooler cleaned at 50,000 miles on my Lightning and it was intercooler not pretty. With running a blower you want to have the air charge temp as low as you can get it. It running an intercooler isn't an option when you can run **** or a small shot of nitrous. I prefer nitrous over **** because has problem with clogging the nozzle and you end up putting coonecting rod inspection windows in the block.

Yes sir, I had the same basic motor in my Harley truck. I never got around to poping the blower off but I used an oil catch can most of the time I owned the truck.

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love some of his throw away lines: Jet keeps sucking the rose out of the bud vase on the dash!