Would Aftermarket Wheels Void Warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If someone with 17” wheels with a bit more offset than stock (~1.25”) encountered a “Drive Control Malfunction, Service Required” error, would the Dealership or Ford look at the wheels as a modification in offer to deny a warranty repair? Zero other suspension or power train mods. Original tires. Thanks....

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If someone with 17” wheels with a bit more offset than stock (~1.25”) encountered a “Drive Control Malfunction, Service Required” error, would the Dealership or Ford look at the wheels as a modification in offer to deny a warranty repair? Zero other suspension or power train mods. Original tires. Thanks....
No.

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it. FordTechOne has mentioned something about larger tires can throw a malfunction. I may have misunderstood, perhaps he will chime in.

OP
OP
J

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like it. FordTechOne has mentioned something about larger tires can throw a malfunction. I may have misunderstood, perhaps he will chime in.

Stock tires the truck was born with. No suspension mods.

I have no empirical data but there seems to be a number of Drive Control Malfunction reports on some 2019 trucks that were remedied with the replacement of a shock.

Thanks

Stan Stahr

Reaction score
My 2020 Raptor (10,000 miles) had the Drive Control Malfunction warning pop every time I started the engine. So the Dealer will be replacing the Right Hand Front Shock, to fix the problem, and I have 17" Method wheels.