Would a Gen 3 V8 kill Gen 1 resale?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hj_s14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I"m pretty sure if Gen 3 comes out, Gen 2 will also take a hit on pricing too.

But I just don't see the Gen 3 in the $70k Range with the V8 that power the Shelby Mustang .

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ocean County here. I almost pulled the trigger on one 2 weeks ago. 2013 Red Screw, fully loaded with 28.3k miles. It was beautiful. Out the door price was going to be $49,500. As nice as it was I just couldn't wrap my head around paying that for a 6 year old truck that brand new MSRP'ed at $56k.

Here's the link for it:
https://www.jonathanmotorcars.com/2013-ford-f-150-svt-raptor-c-852.htm

I still am dreaming about it though.
Better truck all around hence the value

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ocean County here. I almost pulled the trigger on one 2 weeks ago. 2013 Red Screw, fully loaded with 28.3k miles. It was beautiful. Out the door price was going to be $49,500. As nice as it was I just couldn't wrap my head around paying that for a 6 year old truck that brand new MSRP'ed at $56k.

Here's the link for it:
https://www.jonathanmotorcars.com/2013-ford-f-150-svt-raptor-c-852.htm

I still am dreaming about it though.

Jersey Shore....know it well...! That Red Raptor looks pretty nice...and I'll bet they still have $1K-$2K wiggle room for a serious buyer...never hurts to throw them a lowball IF you really want it...you can always go up...and for sure there will be a happy middle...
P/M me and I'll tell you about mine...
Good luck...you know you want one,stop torturing yourself...life is too short... :)

allinon72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bet a lot of people thought the gen 1 would plummet in value when the gen 2 came out. We saw how that went.

And we've gotten to the point where everyone just assumes the gen 3 will have a V8 option. I'm not so sure.

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all. Hypothetical here...Its no secret that Gen 1's have held there value better than Ford, or any Gen 1 owner, could have ever anticipated. Some argue its the fact that the Gen 2's are over produced, or due to the V6 twin turbo.

I'm a new member but have been reading through posts on here for over a year now. My general take away is that everyone loves their rig whether its a Gen 1 or Gen 2. But, I have noticed that the guys who've had both usually mention how they wish they held onto their Gen 1. I am hoping to buy a Gen 1 myself, sooner than later. And yes, the V8 has a lot to do with it.

With that said, what if the Gen 3 came with a V8 option? Would a Gen 3, V8 Raptor kill the Gen 1 resale market?
I've read where the Gen 1s are at their bottom. I just bought a 10 SCAB with the 6.2 and love it. It's hard to listen to people bitch about their interiors and how unrefined they are. It's perfect for me and a off road beast. I dont want to worry about getting my super plush truck Interior dirty. It's a off road truck not a car. I dont think a Gen 3 V8 would hurt Gen 1 values but it will definitely hurt Gen2 values

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've read where the Gen 1s are at their bottom. I just bought a 10 SCAB with the 6.2 and love it. It's hard to listen to people bitch about their interiors and how unrefined they are. It's perfect for me and a off road beast. I dont want to worry about getting my super plush truck Interior dirty. It's a off road truck not a car. I dont think a Gen 3 V8 would hurt Gen 1 values but it will definitely hurt Gen2 values

in all honesty for real watch Jameel in Born in Baja talk about how he wanted a pre-runner essentially in 2008 when shit was tanking and gas was over $5 a gallon in CA

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a shopper I wouldn’t consider a Gen 1 Raptor because of the generally poor fuel economy, the V6 getting ~16 is barely tolerable as a daily driver. There may be more value in a V8 to some, but not all of us want to spend that much on fuel. Also, I never see performance being discussed in the Gen 1 vs Gen 2 threads. According to the numbers the Gen 2 is 1.7 seconds faster to 60. I would assume that the suspension is also improved on the Gen 2. I don’t own either, but why would someone pine for a worse performing truck based on just engine sound?

Last edited:

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As a shopper I wouldn’t consider a Gen 1 Raptor because of the generally poor fuel economy, the V6 getting ~16 is barely tolerable as a daily driver. There may be more value in a V8 to some, but not all of us want to spend that much on fuel. Also, I never see performance being discussed in the Gen 1 vs Gen 2 threads. According to the numbers the Gen 2 is 1.7 seconds faster to 60. I would assume that the suspension is also improved on the Gen 2. I don’t own either, but why would someone pine for a worse performing truck based on just engine sound?

0-60 doesn’t mean shit especially if you can’t hook it up in dirt.

RaptorBro

Reaction score

Pretty sure there’s a Prius forum you can join.