WOT Boost Loss + Loud Noises

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

digscruze

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem. The rubber boot at the front of the air intake that goes to the filter housing came loose and sucked into the tube that feeds the box were the filter is, blocking the air flow. I had to pull it out and replace the two plastic rivets that hold it in place
Dan,

You were spot on with the diagnosis. The rubber boot that goes in front of the air box came off the plastic rivets and was impeding airflow in high boost. I was able to place it back and I haven’t any issues.

Thanks for giving your feedback and experience, definitely envelopes the best aspects of this forum.

all the best

ruey220

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dan,

You were spot on with the diagnosis. The rubber boot that goes in front of the air box came off the plastic rivets and was impeding airflow in high boost. I was able to place it back and I haven’t any issues.

Thanks for giving your feedback and experience, definitely envelopes the best aspects of this forum.

all the best
What Cai were you guys running when you had this issue?

Kmorgs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue with my Turbo Smart Electric BOV, except its inconsistent. Right now it is holding boost, just not moving to blow off the boost when i let off. I just found one on sale and going to install a new one.

OP
OP
D

digscruze

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue with my Turbo Smart Electric BOV, except its inconsistent. Right now it is holding boost, just not moving to blow off the boost when i let off. I just found one on sale and going to install a new one.

I had a Turbosmart SS mechanical BOV and while I loved the sound I couldn’t stand the fact that my engine sounded like a sprinkler due to the install on the vacuum line.

I ended up going a different route with a Go Fast Bits BOV which retain the electronic function but also works as a mechanical valve.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dan,

all the best
Can you take a pic of this?

Kmorgs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm beginning to think you are right about the BOV, or at least I hope so.
But, from the small research i've done, BOV's are not prone to leak, at least to the degree of causing a significant boost leak. I could be wrong.

Does the spring adjustment have anything to do with this or could it be a faulty valve or o-ring?

Im attaching the video of the runs. You can clearly see a drop in boost and the higher pitched whooshing sound as soon as I open the throttle.

This was mine, but stopped and is holding boost.

Damn file size if too large on my iphone, will have to reduce the file size then upload.

Last edited:

peavey02

Reaction score
Remove the BOV and clean it. Take it completely apart and check the solenoid, it may have a bunch of rust on it which will cause it to not blow off. (or work at all) I had to get a replacement solenoid from TS. But once the valve got covered in mud one two many times, it would leak every once in awhile. I just went back to stock so I don't have to worry about it any more.