Worth Upgrading between 2018 and 2019/20?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Macdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not many guys have owned raptors so close together year wise that you’llfind a definitive answer. I’m sure guys have “driven” those years ur debating but “owned”? All I can say is I bought a 2020 fully loaded screw and I’m so happy with it I’m not even considering going to a gen 3. Power, audio, seats, etc everything is comfortable and great to drive. Hitting 25k in miles soon and won’t be selling or trading till there’s probably a gen 5.

OP
OP
tank_jh

tank_jh

Reaction score
Lots of great feedback here, I appreciate it. On the Sync 3, I think there is a upgrade difference between 18 and 19 if I'm not mistaken. I'll scour the forum to find some more information on that but as far as I understand the newest update was not available for my model year truck. Not sure if there is more functionality there or if its simply just a different UI skin.

Not many guys have owned raptors so close together year wise that you’llfind a definitive answer. I’m sure guys have “driven” those years ur debating but “owned”? All I can say is I bought a 2020 fully loaded screw and I’m so happy with it I’m not even considering going to a gen 3. Power, audio, seats, etc everything is comfortable and great to drive. Hitting 25k in miles soon and won’t be selling or trading till there’s probably a gen 5.
On this point here, it's kind of what I'm considering. Is it worth just not getting the 22, upgrade my 18 to a 20 and drive it for 50k miles and re-assess the market? What I'm hearing from the group here though is that even this idea is not worth the money and I should stop trying to waste money.

Perhaps I just spray paint my shocks orange to match my interior and call it a day lol

Blu21

Reaction score
Not much to add here. I think SCABs are super cool and I’m jealous every time I see one of those. But I also don’t have kids or ppl in the back of my SCREW often. The rest of the debate is well covered by others in this post. Congrats on being in the situation you’re in!

metalwhiz

Reaction score
I've thought about trading my 2018 for a low mileage 2020 just to avoid the cam phaser repair my 2018 needs. Not crazy about my truck being torn apart. Only reason I would do it though.

TrailRunner

Reaction score
I’ll echo what many of the others have said. If you have the extra money, put it toward parts/upgrades for your 2017 or your next truck. I think that’s going to give you the most enjoyment per dollar spent.

Also, nothing wrong with a stock raptor, but nothing beats a modded raptor of any gen imo. Raptors with aftermarket fenders, suspension, bumpers, lights, etc always turn heads and get a lot of complements.