Worth the cash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricco

Reaction score
looking to find out if long tube headers and new cat back R worth the $$ some say don’t waste money , or no good HP gains only sound, or good gains but way to loud , I have a 12 sup/crew , not looking for street racer, just to get a little more umph!! It’s not a street queen I do use it for what it was built for, but still wash it almost ever day lol so any advise please

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get the cat back for the sound, you wont see any performance on an otherwise stock truck. You will see gains from long tubes, must tune.

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do cold air intakes have any noticeable gains??? Since this thread is already talking about stuff I'm interested in I thought I would ask. Or just stay with my K&N filter. For a Gen 1 6.2

Pk64f100

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have KN on my 1st gen 6.2l and about to get the Gibson stainless steel dual exit cat back exhaust. It should sound good and hopefully get a little better mpg. My power gains should come from the SCT x4 I will be saving for. I am hoping for about 10 hp / torque +/- increase.

tooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
going to sound better than my 18 no matter what you do. :cool:

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Without forced induction you won’t see any real gains, I would just get a cat back and call it a day

I disagree 100%. Long tube headers are the ONLY physical change that you can make to a n/a engine that results in significant gains throughout the entire powerband. CAIs and catbacks might give you a little bump at the top of the RPM range, but how long does a 6.2L in a Raptor spend at 5500+ RPMs?

Tuning can be an issue though, since the 02 sensors have to be relocated and the wires extended. It will sound bad ass though.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cat back exhaust mod is probably the single most wasted mod right after suspension changes to these trucks. You can only make it louder...you can't make it sound better or good. Enjoy the increased HP/TQ and MPG and get over it. Spend your money on a tune if must have that extra 50hp or so.

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cat back exhaust mod is probably the single most wasted mod right after suspension changes to these trucks. You can only make it louder...you can't make it sound better or good. Enjoy the increased HP/TQ and MPG and get over it. Spend your money on a tune if must have that extra 50hp or so.
50 hp from a tune?