WoolWax pro tip for you guys that aren't as smart as me........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oldfart's pro tip for today. If you just sprayed WoolWax on your A arms last week, DO NOT let the back of your head bump against the A arm multiple times while you are trying to figure out how the dealer screwed up your bumper wing the last time they had it in their shop. Put an old crappy hat on your head first! :banghead:

I was detailing my truck, hadn't done it in a while, and as I washed the passenger side bumper wing I noticed it moved a little, obviously it was loose. I assumed the retaining bolt that holds one of the rod ends that holds it in position must have vibrated loose. I crawl under and reach up and the bolt on the frame end is still there, the bumper end bolt is still there, and the rod end feels intact. Once I stuck my head up in that hole to see what was going on I see the attachment bolt on the wing is fully tightened into it's hole, but was not put through the rod end! The only time it's been at the dealer was for the camera replacement. I'm not too sure how or why you would tighten the bolt that now attaches NOTHING, but that's what I found. I guess you never know what you will find. At least it was a super easy fix.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A pics of the specific bolt and bumper rod might help. :893karatesmiley-thu
The bumper wing end is hinged on the inboard side, and has an adjustable rod that sets the angle of it on the outboard side. The below picture is the frame end, that was fine.

1636585072597.jpeg
Below is the bumper end, it's right above where your pocket lights mount. The bolt was in and tight, but never put through the adjustable rod. That bolt actually goes through the mounting bracket for the pocket lights also.

1636585009150.jpeg

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oldfart's pro tip for today. If you just sprayed WoolWax on your A arms last week, DO NOT let the back of your head bump against the A arm multiple times while you are trying to figure out how the dealer screwed up your bumper wing the last time they had it in their shop. Put an old crappy hat on your head first! :banghead:
So does coming home stinking of lanolin make the sweetie jealous?

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm a little confused. Are you talking about your front or your rear? I think you mean front, but I'm more interested in the rear.