Won't turn on. Intermittently

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SPRSNK

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happily I can say that mine is fixed now. Half way through this road trip and not an issue.

BFR: Our Raptors were built with the new BCM's. It was one of the hold ups on getting ours delivered. That and Dearborn closing down for a week. I think my build date is the 9th of Jan.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, my (and your) truck was not specifically a part of the recall. Seems as though mine was just an anomaly...maybe something related to the earlier problems or maybe just a rare exception.

So glad you've had no reoccurence. Hopdfully it stays that way. You didn't have anything done, did you?

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update - So BCM part arrived at dealer on Friday. Guess it got installed Friday or Today...but not working. Locked them out into theft mode. Apparently Ford then instructed them to put the old part back in...read in/download some code from the old part (some sort of info specific to my truck to identify and associate it with my keys or something) then put the new part back in and upload that info or load those settings onto the new part. Keeping fingers crossed. Any techs that have done a BCM swap have anything/tips to add...please jump right in. Thanks.

OP
OP
SPRSNK

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I made it through the road trip without any issues.

Good Luck with yours BFR!

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
Man this makes me weary... Good luck getting your truck back in order! Are they going to reimburse you for the rental?? That is some serious bs...

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man this makes me weary... Good luck getting your truck back in order! Are they going to reimburse you for the rental?? That is some serious bs...

I beleive Ford will take care of Tim (BFR).

Tim, make sure you tell customer service that you want your rental bill paid, and you want a 7 year / 125K ESP PremiumCare Ext Warr added at no charge.

randy

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thxs Randy. Have already briefly discussed the warranty with them. I'm not anticipating any battle...as yesterday received word that local and Nat'l Ford techs together concluded that the replacement BCM part was also defective...so another 1 1/2 or 2 weeks likely wait for another part to arrive. Not happy but what can you do? I'm driving my FJ as I had not gotten around to selling it yet...so costs are more transportation and lodging, etc. I'm only hoping the local dealer techs down in Utah know what they were doing...ie that it was not something they did during install/handling that fried the new part. Seems they were working directly with Nat'l Ford techs to troubleshhot so I'm thinking it was just really ****** luck. ??

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thxs Randy. Have already briefly discussed the warranty with them. I'm not anticipating any battle...as yesterday received word that local and Nat'l Ford techs together concluded that the replacement BCM part was also defective...so another 1 1/2 or 2 weeks likely wait for another part to arrive. Not happy but what can you do? I'm driving my FJ as I had not gotten around to selling it yet...so costs are more transportation and lodging, etc. I'm only hoping the local dealer techs down in Utah know what they were doing...ie that it was not something they did during install/handling that fried the new part. Seems they were working directly with Nat'l Ford techs to troubleshhot so I'm thinking it was just really ****** luck. ??

Hey Tim,
PM me the contact Names and ph's of who you are dealing with.

thanks randy

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK...so here we go. Round 2. 5th week without my truck. Keep your fingers crossed. The 2nd replacement BCM is supposed to be arriving today at the dealer. Let's see if it works this time... ??