Won't turn on. Intermittently

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck! Hope you have better luck than me. Harley said the BCM issues are affecting all F150s as well as 250s 350s etc. Something about some of them overheating. Apparently a couple of the BCMs even caught on fire. I wondered if leaving snowy WY for southern Utah had anything to do with it...I seriously doubt it though. Just dumb luck...or lack of.

Oh yeah, Happy Birthday to me!! (as wife brings me a beer)!! Cheers all!

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
Happy Birthday! Thanks for the info or dtc. Have you had the BCM recall done to your vehicle? They did the first recall then suspended it due to IDS not reading serial numbers right. They had IDS update then reissued it to all customers again. It would make sense the BCM having issues overheating I would almost think it would cause more then just a no start issue being as everything the BCM controls. Anyways I hope they get you a BCM soon to hopefully fix your concern.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think my build date was Jan 12 or something... I'd have to double check, but I do not believe my truck was included in the recall. My guess is that soon an updated recall might include it??? who knows? thxs

jdowens1

Reaction score
I think my build date was Jan 12 or something... I'd have to double check, but I do not believe my truck was included in the recall. My guess is that soon an updated recall might include it??? who knows? thxs

I don't remember exact build dates for the recall I can always run your vin if you want and check the dealerhip should have already but I can do it if you would like.

yomudderputter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my wifes GMC Denali did this once. We were all out to a big family dinner and when we returned to the truck it would not start nor would the doors open. So we got in a friends car and picked up a new key fob battery. still would not work. Then I thought.. its a computer. Reboot it! I disconnected the battery for a few minutes and bamm.. it started right up..

Carry a wrench with you incase it happens again to disconnect and reboot. piece of mind..

funny thing.. I was ready to sell the Denali from one episode.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ah yeah...not the fix for this.

So shuttle and rental car and about 24hrs and 500 miles and now I'm back home with my family. Ford is going to pay to get me back to the truck once it is fixed. They're thinking maybe this Friday...but have not heard yet whether they even have any BCM's available...as they were/are on back order. I'm not holding my breath...I figure I'll get it whenever. Might be a while.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BCMs still on back order... No timeline as of yet. Nice that I hadn't unloaded my FJ Cruiser yet.

jdowens1

Reaction score
It doesn't suprise me that BCM's are on backorder. It seems most of Ford's parts on 11 vehicles are on backorder seeing it alot with superduties. Since the BCM recall I'm sure they scrapped all of them and now have an issue with the supplier that makes them building them quick enough happens all the time.

jdowens1

Reaction score
I don't know if this would be part of the problem but Ford just issued a tsb for the key fob on f-150 not working sometimes due to TPM (tire pressure module) tsb 11-04-14 inability to unlock door. Don't think this will fix the issue you have but never know could be somewhat relavent

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think everyone involved is pretty certain the BCM is the culprit. Thanks for keeping your eyes open for everything though. It would totally suck if once they finally get the BCM replaced if it still didn't fix it. Not gonna think about that. Anyway, no update from my Nat'l Service Accts person...so that means there has been no update to the backorder status of the part.

Any wagers on how thick the red dirt that will have accumulated onto my Raptor will be when I pick her up? Was looking really rough when I left over a week ago. Hey, it's just a truck.