Won't Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tx_reeg

Reaction score
Just purchased a 2012 Raptor. Got home, locked it with the remote. About 3 hours later, unlocked it, got in to start it and nothing is happening. It's not turning over, nothing on the dash turns on, only the odometer shows up. I tried to remote start. The remote start works, but nothing happens when I turn the key all the way. I tried multiple times to lock/unlock, used the keypad on the door to lock/unlock it, and nothing changed.

OP
OP
T

Tx_reeg

Reaction score
No, just the factory system.

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

The only thing I did different this time was locking/unlocking with a different key fob. When I tried to use the original key fob again, it still didn't work. That's the only thing I changed.

OP
OP
T

Tx_reeg

Reaction score
It still will start with the remote start, so I figured it wasn't anything with the battery. It seems like maybe a security lockout or something. I was just hoping someone else has experienced this.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That sucks, looks like you will be going back to the dealer sooner than expected.

TMB

Reaction score
A local dealer here uses a fuse lock out security system when the vehicles are on the lot and the system is on you can start it. Once you dive off and park it cannot be restarted. The entire system and antenna fits under the fuse block cover and replaces the main starter fuse. My brother bought an f150 from them and drove 3 hours home, went out the next morning and truck wouldn't start, called them and they instructed him to pull the security system and replace the fuse. When he did the truck fired right up!