Won’t start and fuse 27 looks fine...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cordeau70

Reaction score
New to the forum. Just bought a 2014 Screw from a family member who babied it. I went to start truck today and it started and then immediately hesitated with rough idle. In a panic I shut it off and tried restarting it. It started again and then immediately went to rough idle then died. Now it won’t start at all. I’ve been reading a ton on here about the fuse 27 issue. I pulled my fuse 27 and it looks perfect. No burnt ends or fuse connection port. I have also read about the MAF being dirty but I find this hard to believe as I just got truck back from dealer where they cleaned MAF. I don’t know what to do at this point??? I have the fuse 27 kit and plan to relocate tomorrow. Any help on this would be so greatly appreciated!!! Thank you!

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any codes? I had a hard start after filling with fuel and got P0456, replaced CPV and it's fine (essentially flooded engine because CPV wasn't closing).

Check FPDM connector above spare? How many miles? Done spark plugs or tried injector cleaner? Air filter and clean MAF is a good idea, would rather do it myself than trust a dealer did it right (or at all). Fuse 27 is a definite good idea at some point but if the fuse is intact it probably isn't the issue at hand. It was at the dealer, what else did they do?

OP
OP
C

cordeau70

Reaction score
So I just figured out what the problem was and I was pretty shocked... I backed in the truck into my drive way. (Nose down) I didn’t realize at the time the truck fuel level was in between 1/4 and empty. After the described above happened, I addded 5 gal of gas to the tank and boom she fired right up. I was a bit shocked as I would never have thought it was empty enough to no be picked up by pump... anyone else have this issue? Is it normal?

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just figured out what the problem was and I was pretty shocked... I backed in the truck into my drive way. (Nose down) I didn’t realize at the time the truck fuel level was in between 1/4 and empty. After the described above happened, I addded 5 gal of gas to the tank and boom she fired right up. I was a bit shocked as I would never have thought it was empty enough to no be picked up by pump... anyone else have this issue? Is it normal?

I had that happen once after a long trip and didn’t stop to add fuel when I was close to home. Backed into the driveway and my truck wouldn’t start either. Had to put it in neutral and coast down the driveway till it was level. Started right up and I went straight to the gas station.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fuel pickup must be centered or rear of center, I have noticed I can be cruising on the highway nearing empty and as soon as I slow down the light comes on (fuel moving forward)...and once nose-down on a steep hill suddenly notice like 1/8th tank: OMFG NOT GONNA MAKE IT HOME! LOL, glad you figured it out though.310f0fce68063a6e649ba7d9aeaf4e99.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk