Wishful buyer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mike.s

Reaction score
cedda32a_vbattach104972.gif

OP
OP
K

kyj

Reaction score
No trouble here, honest mistake.
So I really don't have much established credit at the moment but I'm slowly working on it. I'm currently in college and working a part time job 3 nights a week. I guess you can say I live check to check cause I've got many bills to pay. I have a car payment, insurance payment, utility bills/rent, cell phone, etc... I'm pretty much just getting by at the moment so a Raptor is (more than not) still out of my reach. I know of someone (much older) who just recently bought a 2011 Raptor with 0 down and is making monthly payments of $900+ a month. He used his dad for his great credit score. I however don't have that kind of luxury or resource available which is why I'm out on my own. Even with a good credit score, there's no way I could make that kind of a monthly payment. I need to figure out a more logical approach.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Young Lady, Set a goal, develop your plan and be patience and you'll achieve it before you know it. At your young age, it seems like everything takes forever to happen, but when you're my age, everything happens to damn fast. Good Luck

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok now to redeem myself......
the fact that you have goals is great. acknowledging that it is going to take a while to get to those goals and that you have the patience and perseverence to continue is well beyond most people of that age. one day you will be finding yourslf sitting in your raptor realising that it was all worth it and offering the same advice to someone younger than you. i think all of us at FRF want to see pics of you in YOUR raptor someday

tjj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with initials as a username..

As others have said it looks like you are on the right path to achieving your goals. Having the responsibility to keep up work and putting yourself through school is something not many people can see through to the end. I may be on a soapbox, but using a parent for credit and paying $900/mo doesn't seem responsible to me and not much to be jealous of.

Showing that level of responsibility and dedication will also help you once you've finished school and are talking with potential employers. It's also good you realize it's not a good idea to put another financial burden on yourself right now. When you finally get your Raptor it should hopefully be a source of joy, and not a ball and chain.

You mentioned finding a logical approach. I think you have one.. keep working hard, finish school and good things will happen. Hopefully in the form of a nice shiny Raptor.