Wiring Tricks + Tips for ADD Rear Bumper Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alohawaii

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll be installing ADD Phantom rear bumpers next week & I am reaching out to see if anyone has any tricks + tips on doing the lighting job. The harness kits seem short & I have a feeling I’ll have to extend it quite a bit.

Anyways, any input would be appreciated a lot!

Last edited:

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I’ll be installing ADD Phantom rear bumpers next week & I am reaching out to see if anyone has any tricks + tips on doing the lighting job. The harness kits seem short & I have a feeling I’ll have to extend it quite a bit.

Anyways, any input would be appreciated a lot!
The lights the harnesses come with is nowhere near long enough to reach the upfitters. You also don't need the relay, fuse, or switch on the harness. You'll just plug the lights into the harness and then extend the power and ground wires all the way to the front. Use heat shrink butt connectors for the connections and wrap the wiring in split loom and zip tie it all the way to the front along frame; you can even zip tie to the stock wiring. If desired, you can also ground the wires at the rear of the truck and then you only have to run the hot wires up to the front.

Following these are in my list of future mods. The Phantom's are awesome..
Feel free to reach out if we can help get you setup. We offer package savings on the bumpers and lighting and we can even offer you plug and play wiring harnesses to match your lights as well.

Reaction score
On my Gen1 and 2 I ran a relay at the back to light up the bumper lights with the reverse. Run your hot up to the up-fitter for all the time on, but then grab a hot in the back and connect the reverse lights to the switch side of a relay. This will turn em all on in reverse but not effect your reverse lights when you flip the up-fitter.