Wiring Noob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey Yall,

Just wanted to ask if you guys are doing anything to wire stuff to the battery, mine currently looks crazy because of the lights install.

My electrical skills/understanding are fairly noobish any help would be great! & I guess while im creating a thread if anybody has installed the Rough Country Fog lights could anyone let me know if its "ok" to try and wire them all to 1 switch I have them wired to 3 different AUX switches. I've been meaning to clean everything up just haven't set the time to test and check everything. (trying to clean up the engine bay and make room for more things to wire)

Thanks everyone!

V6Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It depends on how much amps your fog lights produce all together. AUX 1 and 2 can take up to 15amps. That being said, if you need more amps than that, you can get a relay. Being a noob myself in electrical/wiring aspect, I got myself LVJ’s relay kit to make it easy and look clean.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Our vendors have some wiring kits that are plug and play. You can go custom with weatherpack or deutsch connectors also.

Just make sure your connections are neat, solid and weatherproof and you’ll save yourself lots of hassles later.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buying this book from Tony Candela is a good place to begin your journey.

Everything that Tony sells on his site is top notch.

I recommend that you add relays to the lights, that way the itty bitty wires on the aux switches won’t fail.

Whatever you do don’t use any of the SkotchLok type wire connectors…they’re guaranteed to fail over time.

Make sure to do things right in the wiring. One stupid mistake could literally fry your truck.

Enjoy the journey.