Wiring in Relays

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mariner

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cool, then you already checked and that's fine.
Yeah, the way I'm reading it is that the 12v red line is your hot line - in this case the one coming from your heated seat fuse.

It may actually also work the way you drew it - but I'm not sure with the illuminated switch. Per your drawing, I think the CORRECT way is as I've described.

Okay awesome. I'll try this way first then can always swap the leads if it doesn't work. Now that I'm seeing it all on paper, it makes sense this way. Unfortunately I'm at work and won't be home for another 2 weeks, but I'll be wiring them up as soon as I get home and will update the thread for those that care lol.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you could use the rap or ignition at the fuse box/bcm. also, behind that assembly there is a very large constant power coming in from the battery

OP
OP
Mariner

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For all those that participated and helped me with this issue, the second updated diagram turned out to work! :) the switches illuminate and only receive power when the ignition is on.

I made sure to heat shrink everything under the hood, and I even used a 6 slot fuse block at the battery so I could use a single primary wire the block. And I still have 4 more power slots to use with relays if needed.

Thanks everyone for the help :)

stuntmonkey

Reaction score
It took me a few posts to realise you were wanting to use the rear heated seats fuse tap to power the switch lighting. At first I was very, very lost lol.

Glad you got it worked out, I'm saving this!