Wiring help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stevedm

Reaction score
Without a doubt this has been answered before but I just need a simple explanation.... Literally been looking at videos and reading stuff for hours. I put a 40 inch lightbar on my bumper today. If I want to use my upfitter switch is all I have to do is run a ground and put the hot wire on to one of my upfitter wires (15a)correct? It came with a wiring harness, ballast etc. I don’t think I need any of that correct?

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Stevedm

The short answer is, yes that is correct. Be careful on the amperage of your light bar making sure it is under the 15amp limit of the aux switch. If it exceeds 15amps, you'll still need the wiring harness that came with it and then use the aux switch to trigger it on/off.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
what brand of 40" light bar is it?

I can tell you that my 60" needed 2 x 30A circuits to run full power for extended time periods. I ended up splitting it into 2 x 10" sections per 30A circuit and relay. That way if something pops, I at least have half of it.

I would think that 4 x 10" sections would require more than 15A, which means you should use a relay.