Wiring help, 2010

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Installing an aftermarket head unit, keeping the factory Sony Amp/sub. Question, the small harness for the sub has 2 blue/white wires, are these both to be connected to the blue/white going to the head unit and the blue/white to the new larger harness? So the 4 wires should be soldered together?

Capture.JPG

bgrelle

Reaction score
Which harness did you buy? I’m trying to do the same thing and was told by tech support that you need a digital signal to the Sony amplifier.

OP
OP
GCATX

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Which harness did you buy? I’m trying to do the same thing and was told by tech support that you need a digital signal to the Sony amplifier.

Turns out I had the wrong harness, needed one with an interface box anyway. I got what I needed, 2nd time around, from Crutchfield, though I didn't buy the stereo from them. They have a good reference for what is needed with which truck/stereo. Works like a champ. The instruction with the kit were decent too.