Wiring gurus

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
daddycreswell

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did in another thread and got nothing. Here's my question, I have a 13 without Nav. I am wanting to install an aftermarket radio and need a new bezel of course. I haven't read great things about the idata k150. So I thought I might just buy and OEM bezel that had the Nav. Here's my question, on my AC the fan speed and temp hot/cold are controlled by the 2 dials, I noticed on the Nav bezel it's different. Will this work in my truck? I've attached the 2 different bezels for reference. 8da448fcaecc18e94cc4a2d701d871d3.jpg5e77c541409f39730cf0d051dd19b5d0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well first off, you cant really replace the oem radio. ( i know the phoenix system allows you to replace, but from what i have seen, its not the greatest.) the heated and cooled seats are controlled through the touch screen on the nav version. the non 801a gen 1 doesnt have the data going through to the oem dash. since you dont have the 801a package theres most likely going to be a data issue and the heating/ac controls not working. you have pictures of the backside?

OP
OP
daddycreswell

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if I could just swap out the AC controls from my bezel into the new bezel. The radio controls will not matter cause I will not be using them.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it wont work. theres data issues and the bezel you want to use has dual front heater controls where yours currently is single zone

OP
OP
daddycreswell

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What I am asking is can I swap my controls out of my bezel and put them in the other bezel. If you understand what I'm saying.

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I am asking is can I swap my controls out of my bezel and put them in the other bezel. If you understand what I'm saying.

Yes you can, it's been covered on the F150 forums in the past.