Wiring from cab to engine compartment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Two Dogs

Reaction score
Trying to run a hot wire to the battery from inside the cab. Has anyone traced the upfitter wires from the passenger kick panel through to the engine compartment? Any other good routes? Thanks.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
there is a round grommet just below the heater core on the passenger side. pop it out, run your wires through there and put it back in. it is how we run wire for stereo upgrade. accessible inside under carpet behind glove box.

if you are just wanting the up-fitter wires, they are pig-tailed in the passenger kick panel and the main harness on passenger side of engine firewall.

48100734707_e3fc1d542b_c.jpg

OP
OP
T

Two Dogs

Reaction score
20200219_140947.jpg 20200219_140947.jpg
there is a round grommet just below the heater core on the passenger side. pop it out, run your wires through there and put it back in. it is how we run wire for stereo upgrade. accessible inside under carpet behind glove box.

if you are just wanting the up-fitter wires, they are pig-tailed in the passenger kick panel and the main harness on passenger side of engine firewall.

48100734707_e3fc1d542b_c.jpg[/QUOTE
I don't see it. This is the bottom of my heater core.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
it is behind the black carpet.....you have to pull that back...use a coat hanger...and come in from the engenie compartment side. it is a pain in the rear...but it is there.

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford has a pass through in the large harness on each side, it’s the little nub that’s sealed up, cut the top off, use a long tool to puncture the other side, I usually use a fiberglass pull stick to pull wires through once I make a path through.