Wiring diagram from passenger kick panel fuse box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

3rdStng

Reaction score
I'm hard wiring in a dash cam and am looking for a switch 12V wiring within the passenger kick panel area/fuse block. I know that I could install an add-a-fuse tap, but I'm curious if the wiring exists for unused fuses that are already there? For example, fuse 33 in my 2014 is for rear heated seats. An option that I don't have. If I could just piggy back on the wire out for this, or any other non-used wire, I think that would be easier. Any ideas? Anyone have a wiring diagram for dummies?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im not sure of the fuse layout, but there is a black plug with the wires facing up wrapped in blue or green tape. in the middle of the bcm. in there is a 14 ga blue wire that is a RAP.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It was recommended that I piggybacked F32 by a ford tech as it does not have any other critical systems on it and is Key on instant off. The other fuses on the key on circuits have things like seat airbag controllers and other important systems on them that you would not want to get turned off in the event of an overload.

OP
OP
3rdStng

3rdStng

Reaction score
It was recommended that I piggybacked F32 by a ford tech as it does not have any other critical systems on it and is Key on instant off. The other fuses on the key on circuits have things like seat airbag controllers and other important systems on them that you would not want to get turned off in the event of an overload.
My thoughts exactly. Did you do the add-a-fuse thing? I was going to use F33 since I don't have read heated seats. I was hoping to tap off the wire itself vs the add-a-fuse so the cover fits back on the fuse panel correctly.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used an add-a-fuse from oreily's and had to cut a small notch in the top of the case lid to make it fit back on. I hooked my aftermarket heated seats to it.

OP
OP
3rdStng

3rdStng

Reaction score
You got a mini atm add-a-fuse, correct?
I'm intrigued to hear more about your heated rear seats too.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk