GEN 1 Wiring C-Clamp Switchback LEDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A_Train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I retrofitted some aftermarket projectors with C-Clamp Switchback LEDs. I’m looking to wire the ‘white c-clamp light’ as a DRL. Can anyone recommend(preferably if you can attach pictures) where I can tap into to power the white clamp as a DRL while the truck is running? I’ve looked around but haven’t found anything useful. Thanks for the help in advance.

M3toSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I retrofitted some aftermarket projectors with C-Clamp Switchback LEDs. I’m looking to wire the ‘white c-clamp light’ as a DRL. Can anyone recommend(preferably if you can attach pictures) where I can tap into to power the white clamp as a DRL while the truck is running? I’ve looked around but haven’t found anything useful. Thanks for the help in advance.

I picked up some empty slot under the hood that was for rain sensing wiper if I recall. Cut the right side and splice a wire in for 12V Ignition. Are you tapping them into the turn signal as well?
They may cause issues with your BCM if so.
I made a separate relay harness to power the amber function via relay.

OP
OP
A

A_Train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up some empty slot under the hood that was for rain sensing wiper if I recall. Cut the right side and splice a wire in for 12V Ignition. Are you tapping them into the turn signal as well?
They may cause issues with your BCM if so.
I made a separate relay harness to power the amber function via relay.

I ended up using an add a fuse(I can't remember which fuse slot I used) and it worked out great. Thanks for the help!

M3toSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For anyone interested in separating the wiring from the BCM.
You can use THIS wire harness with some minor modifications.