Wiring bed bar lights with tonneau cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbalt

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to run wires from these mounted light pods into the bed. I have a power source I can tap into inside the bed where I already have my compressor installed. I was thinking about running the wire harness along the bed bar down the side bracket and through the t-slot channel on my retrax cover either at the tailgate or forward to the front of the bar where I can access it through the drain holes.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a better method to handle wiring these up. I'm not opposed to drilling a hole with a grommet but I'm not sure there's really a feasible area to do that and I'd prefer not to drill into the bed or bed cover if there's an alternative.

If I can't find a clean solution for this, I'll probably relocate these to the rear bumper.

IMG_0705.jpg

OP
OP
dbalt

dbalt

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apologies on the wrong section, didn't realize I was under the Raptor R area

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Lots of options for chase lights. You want them up high, not low. I drilled nutserts into the front of my bed before the GJ 3rd brake light arrived.

20210920_143709.jpg

Swarfworks has a mounting bracket but probably will not work with your Retrax.

OP
OP
dbalt

dbalt

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of options for chase lights. You want them up high, not low. I drilled nutserts into the front of my bed before the GJ 3rd brake light arrived.

View attachment 391679

Swarfworks has a mounting bracket but probably will not work with your Retrax.

Yeah, unfortunately don't think these will work with my cover. Even if they were, they would be obstructed by my load bars and RTT (when it's loaded).

OP
OP
dbalt

dbalt

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would look at 3rd brake light options.
Yeah that might be an option down the road, little spendy for what I'm looking for at the moment. I found this setup on IG from ASV Raptor. It looks like they drilled into the cover and ran wiring through a grommet for all the lighting on his bed rack.

IMG_0708.jpg