Wireless CarPlay not working anymore in the Raptor R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ams mike

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had the Raptor R since February and wireless CarPlay has worked without any issues. About a week ago it stopped working altogether.

Tried everything from resetting the Sync, removing phone from truck, removing truck from the phone. Resetting the phone and starting fresh. Nothing has allowed it work again. Tried multiple phones and still no luck. I also made sure app settings were enabled which they were already since CarPlay works on my other vehicles.

I have CarPlay in my Audi and wife's Porsche and they work perfectly with my phone as well.

Truck is currently at Ford and they confirmed its not working with their tech testing and not sure the cause.

Figured I would post here and see if anyone else had the same issue. I have read other threads around and the latest one below. None of these have a solution that seems to work in this case.

OP
OP
ams mike

ams mike

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the truck back, all fixed. It took Ford and Apple support to figure it out.

I am still unsure what caused the issues and what exactly they did.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had issues with latency that is why I was asking.. voice not matching the dang sound coming out.

OP
OP
ams mike

ams mike

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had issues with latency that is why I was asking.. voice not matching the dang sound coming out.

I have not experienced that issue in any of my wireless carplay cars. Ford, Audi, Porsche

What I have experienced is some songs very loud and others quiet and this seemed to fix that:

What I do is lower the volume on the phone to about 1/4 volume. Then raise the volume on the car to where I want to the volume to be.

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This just happened to me over the weekend. My R stopped connecting to Carplay wirelessly. Will only connect through USB. Tried everything, phone resets and updates, nothing works. I'm also here in orange county. What dealer did the work on your truck?

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just to make sure, are you going to the phone list and checking to see if CarPlay is selected? Sometimes mine wont set to CarPlay and I have to toggle it there.