Wireless CarPlay adapter anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You get better sound by plugging it in, fwiw. Plus it charges it. A buddy has one in his BMW and after a few months he ended up back with the old cord.
If it connects via wifi sound will be the same. If it is bluetooth then yeah, wired is better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

fftfk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has been challenging. I
Just did the update on it and am hoping that will make it better. For those without issues - does your phone also connect to the car via Bluetooth or do you have that turned off?

Edit - update seems to have improved it.

Last edited:

zwexpress

Reaction score
Its ok, most of the time no problems, occasionally it fails to connect, sometimes I have to wait until I shut down the truck for it to work again. Its worth it in the long run. I turn the trucks bluetooth off.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has been challenging. I
Just did the update on it and am hoping that will make it better. For those without issues - does your phone also connect to the car via Bluetooth or do you have that turned off?

Edit - update seems to have improved it.
How did you connect via wifi? All I see in my trucks wifi is a VOLKSWAGEN which is the carlink (probably resold and used from Amazon?) and it requires a password to connect?

Pinned

Reaction score
I get in and out of the car enough that plugging the phone in got annoying - I bought some of these magnetic cables off of Amazon. They aren't perfect, but work pretty well and it's quick to grab the phone and get out of the car.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wanted to fire this thread back up and see how the wireless CarPlay users have made out longer term with there adapter?

Sound quality?
GPS delay?
Connection times after starting the truck
Any other issues?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wanted to fire this thread back up and see how the wireless CarPlay users have made out longer term with there adapter?

Sound quality?
GPS delay?
Connection times after starting the truck
Any other issues?
Really solid. Sound quality is EXACTLY THE SAME AS WIRED AS IT USES WIFI NOT BLUETOOTH. Don't know how many times that can be said. No real issues - sometimes it has a hard time connecting, like it takes longer than usual. In that case, literally unplug the unit from USB, plug back and it's fixed.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounding like real good results. I put off getting one and now I want it. Also got a new pro max and the battery in this phone is crazy good. Hate to have to plug in and I won’t need to anymore for shorter drives.

Anyway I checked out a vid last night and the dude performed a comparison test. The carlink was his go to and came out on top next to the MMB which worked well. The MMB had had a player so you can play YouTube and other things to your screen. Also a simulated airplay mode which works for alot of content.

Looking at reviews of these devices every now and then someone says audio quality is not as good or GPS lags behind. Those two things would make it a bust for me. But since these are wifi and once you dial them in, quality of the audio should be perfect I thought. Your feedback here confirms it’s just as good as the wire.

The Carlink that most here seem to run and have good reviews for is on the top of my list. I just noticed the MMB 3rd edition has just been released by its producer. They promise 75% increase in connection speeds and overall faster hardware for a better experience. The player and airplay sim in it, sparks my interest. The previous edition seemed on par with the Carlink. So it’s a real consideration.

Julian Rivera

Reaction score
I have the Carlink and it works great. I cannot tell any difference in sound with wired or wireless. I have no GPS lag issues at all.
Occasionally it will have a connectivity issue but I just unplug and plug it back in, which always works. I did upgrade the carline when I first got it.