How To Wire Raptor AUX upfitter switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This proved invaluable for wiring up my M&R 40" bar. I used a butt connector under the dash and quick disconnect under the hood.

JRaptor11

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wired my cannons up to aux 3 and they are ready to go thanks to this thread and a few other members.

This proved invaluable for wiring up my M&R 40" bar. I used a butt connector under the dash and quick disconnect under the hood.

Did you seal up the connect under the hood to keep water from getting in there?

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
With a bunch of electrical tape. :challenge:

Do yourself a favor and put some shrink tubing on your connection. The electrical tape will fall off eventually due to the heat under the hood. So redo it now or later when your connection corrodes. Your call :)

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and put some shrink tubing on your connection. The electrical tape will fall off eventually due to the heat under the hood. So redo it now or later when your connection corrodes. Your call :)

Tell me more about this shrink tubing...never heard of it. :hmmm2:

JRaptor11

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I plan to redo my connection this weekend with the shrinkage. I was in a hurry to get mine done last weekend because it was blazing hot outside.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Tell me more about this shrink tubing...never heard of it. :hmmm2:

Little black tubes that you slide over electrical connections and then heat with a lighter/torch/heat gun and they shrink down over the connection creating a water tight seal and a clean looking install.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
an easy connection for inside the vehicle, but not for a wet environment. not the best connection either, but it will work in low current connections. i dont really like them, but they do the job.