How To Wire Raptor AUX upfitter switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ragegame15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok,
Here are my findings from yesterday evening.
It confirmed what yall are doing is correct and it also identified the wires yall are soldering to as a potential fire hazard if you use a 30amp draw.
I took pictures of everything that i have identified and to support my findings.
Oh and I named the relay's "R-Aux-1" through 4 these are your "upfitter relays"

What do you recommend instead of soldering?

Excellent write up by Birdman BTW. I'm not very versed in electrical type stuff and was able to understand that pretty easily.

JRaptor11

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Installing light cannons this week and I want to use upfitter (aux 1). I haven't looked at the wiring yet for the cannons as I am waiting for my wsi hood mounts to come in today. I won't have a problem using aux 1 right?

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yah, so glad we have yet another thread about how to do the upfitter wiring. As if the previous multiple threads weren't detailed enough or didn't provide enough information.

Hopefully we can now move on to re-writing all the threads about which wheels and tires and which suspension mods are best as those may have gotten stale.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Installing light cannons this week and I want to use upfitter (aux 1). I haven't looked at the wiring yet for the cannons as I am waiting for my wsi hood mounts to come in today. I won't have a problem using aux 1 right?
@ 25w each the light cannons will only draw about 4 amps for 2 of them. That's fine for any of the switches. It will be over-fused on AUX 1 but that doesn't matter much for lights. However, you might just want to save the AUX 1 for something that requires the 30A protection.

Yah, so glad we have yet another thread about how to do the upfitter wiring. As if the previous multiple threads weren't detailed enough or didn't provide enough information.

Hopefully we can now move on to re-writing all the threads about which wheels and tires and which suspension mods are best as those may have gotten stale.

correct.

JRaptor11

FRF Addict
Reaction score

:hmmm2::iranmaybe:

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

@ 25w each the light cannons will only draw about 4 amps for 2 of them. That's fine for any of the switches. It will be over-fused on AUX 1 but that doesn't matter much for lights. However, you might just want to save the AUX 1 for something that requires the 30A protection.

Than I should use AUX 4. I dont know much about electronical stuff when it comes to automotive but I know somethings.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
:hmmm2::iranmaybe:

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

Than I should use AUX 4. I dont know much about electronical stuff when it comes to automotive but I know somethings.

As long as I'm not mistaken in the Light Cannons being 25w each, then you can use AUX 4 no problem. You can technically use AUX 1 because if the lights ground out they will blow any size fuse. Proper fuse sizing isn't as important with lights but you want to be close.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just picked up a used bar from a forum member and plan on wiring it up this weekend. He already attached the wires so I just have to hook it up to the truck. The wire currently has a quick disconnect on the power wire of the bar, so I'm guessing I just need a "quick connect" to tap it into the pass-through wire under the hood. Then I'll connect the pass-through wire to the upfitter wire using a butt connector. Is this correct?

SVTBuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a butt connector for the first aux switch I wired and it was a pain in the.... uh... butt... given the sharp edges and lack of space to work in. The next two I used quick splice connectors and it was easier and faster. With the splice connectors, the ends of the wires can be lined up easier in a smaller space.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bigeffr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a butt connector for the first aux switch I wired and it was a pain in the.... uh... butt... given the sharp edges and lack of space to work in. The next two I used quick splice connectors and it was easier and faster. With the splice connectors, the ends of the wires can be lined up easier in a smaller space.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I did the same thing with the first aux switch I wired and I agree it sucked ass...what type of quick splice connectors are the best to use for the remainders?