How To Wire Raptor AUX upfitter switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Jurassic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok guys im a little lost on why a person would want to run a your power through your switch... to my understanding the switch pulls in the relay coil and the relay conacts make a circuit...
So why are yall not running the lights to the fuse box (for power) then to the N.O. contacts on the relay to control the circuit?

Am i missing something?
If its a problem with the relay contacts being rated for the power draw on the lights why not replace the relay instead of splicing wires?

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
ok guys im a little lost on why a person would want to run a your power through your switch... to my understanding the switch pulls in the relay coil and the relay conacts make a circuit...
So why are yall not running the lights to the fuse box (for power) then to the N.O. contacts on the relay to control the circuit?

Am i missing something?
If its a problem with the relay contacts being rated for the power draw on the lights why not replace the relay instead of splicing wires?

The AUX switches are already wired with the fused power source to the switch, switch to the relay. Then when you make the connection behind the dash you're just connecting the +12V downstream of the relay and passing it through the firewall.

GTC-NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great writting Birdman. Will feedback once I get into this job which is still ahead of me.

tikicult

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just finished doing this. Thanks for the great tutorial!! It was a complete pain in the ass so I am glad its something that only has to be done once.

Badgerscab6.2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I extended th wires under the hood, put them in plastic conduit and ran them to the front of the truck between the radiator and battery box next to the passenger side headlight, behind the rubber shroud AND DID THIS, cuz i likes to switch out accessories and wont have to keep cutting wire now

aux3.jpg

aux2.jpg

Bad Rap

Reaction score
I also just finished doing this. Thanks for the great tutorial with the pics.

Oh, and I wish Ford would make the son of a bitch who designed the wiring harness for these switches have to hook up the pass through wires on every one as it comes off the line!:flipthebird:

TuxRaptor

Reaction score
Just finished wiring a 40" light bar in my Raptor using this tutorial. Great Job on the pictures! I was surprised to see how accessible the wires were and easy to find. Now Soldering under the dash was not real easy but manageable.

A couple of things to add. You DO NOT have to use the Ford's recommended wiring connection from the switches to the wires under the hood. My light bar needs to be fused for 15 amps so I connected the Aux 1 (yellow) to the 15 Amp fused wire (blue) so I could still use the Aux 1 switch. I also connected the Aux 2 to the 10 amp wire for my next light bar.

One more thing to add you should only be soldering your connections, if you don't know how, search youtube for a how to video.

Here is the website I used to reference the wires for the Aux switches and the fuse ratings under the hood. I have a 2013 Raptor and the wiring colors were correct.
Instructions for Ford Raptor upfitter switches