Wiper/Lights Gremlin after wash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im batting 1000 with solutions to issues posted in here, so lets keep it going :cheers:

Post carwash, my wipers have a mind of their own and activate with controls off. Does a single wipe at startup and single wipe randomly when driving. Initially I figured the switch on the stalk simply went bad, but noticed today my headlights were on mid-day (sunny out). Thinking they might be related, but coincidence is also a possibility.

I don't believe our trucks came with rain sensing wipers?

Planning to schedule a appt at Ford, but hoped someone might shed light or have a similar experience... I have a ton of other unrelated wiring in this truck that could very easily be made a scapegoat here :Violin:

Thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sitdown

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wish it were that easy ;) sadly that setting is already set to OFF

Red

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The lights will come on automatically when you use the wipers continuously. Sounds like a problem with the wipers.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This sounds like a water/electronics issue. I can only say my 2011 (others years may differ) does not have rain sensing wipers, and the headlights do not come on under any sort of wiper action. Headlights in auto setting use the light sensor on the top of the dash and if covered or blocked even temporally it thinks it is night ( ask Wiz about that one) you may have a bad dash sensor.

Courtesy wipe is only for a one wipe after you use the washer or momentary mist function (you probably know that). You can try to cycle the courtesy function but I am not sure that would fix it.

The fact that the wiper is coming on randomly and the Headlights were on may be unrelated as you said. Let us know what they find.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
...Planning to schedule a appt at Ford, but hoped someone might shed light or have a similar experience... I have a ton of other unrelated wiring in this truck that could very easily be made a scapegoat here ...

Sounds like it might be time for a trip to the dealer, Sitdown. What's the current mileage on your Raptor?

Crystal

OP
OP
Sitdown

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great info all around fellas, Thanks. I'm slated to go in Thurs, only at 32k mi so should be set warranty wise

If the headlights are forced on when wipers are in duty, that would make sense that this issue came to be now as well. It seems today and yesterday, that they are stuck in delay wipe, at the longest delay setting. Previous days the wipes were more random.

I have toggled the switch a hundred times since, and switched courtesy wipe on/off several times, with no change.

I spent a bit of time last night trying to find that damn light sensor, I should have figured to just call wiz or hockster ;) It's definitely not obstructed, but great to know.

I was going to put my stocker headlights back in to help better diagnose the issue, but this leans more and more to a wiper related issue. It pains me to go back to the halogens:baby:

stay tuned