Wiper Blades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had $6 Michelin’s and $35 super good ones and I found out I would rather replace my $6 ones twice a year for 2.5 years. Winter ice and snow always wears them out faster. I have been happy with the Rain-x solid frame in winter to prevent ice from messing with the metal frames of the Michelin’s. Helps keep the blade against the window better.

I buy 24” blades because if you look at your 22” wipers, there is tons of room for larger blades. Been doing this since my 15 lariat. Just my “Mod” :p

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if there is something wrong with my wiper arms. I have replaced my blades 3-4 times and each time they will start to make noise and skip on the glass. This happens after just a few hours of use. It’s puzzling.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if there is something wrong with my wiper arms. I have replaced my blades 3-4 times and each time they will start to make noise and skip on the glass. This happens after just a few hours of use. It’s puzzling.
Try deep cleaning your windshield. Dirt on the glass causes chatter.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Try deep cleaning your windshield. Dirt on the glass causes chatter.
**** man, I had to google WTF that even is lol. Never done that before. Seems many options, what do you recommend? Most are saying a glass stripper then apply some sort of water repellant like rain-x?

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recommend just the cleaning and then new Ford wiper blades.

Rain-Ex has pros and cons. Might be good for highway/pavement. My Raptor is in full time dust, so the Rain-Ex would make a streaky, chattery mess.

Zev

Reaction score
Clean your glass real well, magic eraser works great, then coat it with a quality SiO2 quick detailer, no more skipping!

Bracamonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recommend just the cleaning and then new Ford wiper blades.

Rain-Ex has pros and cons. Might be good for highway/pavement. My Raptor is in full time dust, so the Rain-Ex would make a streaky, chattery mess.

Yes. The RainX treatments put silicone film on the windshield which overtime break down more and actually bind more dust and dirt to them - giving your windshield a nice micro-texture of terrain for the wipers to chatter against. This is why I also avoid the RainX wipers - they have the silicone applicator on the wipers so that it wipes it on your windshield when you activate them.