Winter Cleaning and maintenance-need some guidance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Thanks. As a fellow Northeasterner the next 5 months are brutal on our trucks. Then comes summer salt and sand time too! Will def check this out.
Yessir it definitely is. Ive lost my last two vehicles to rust but i got this one with very minor surface spots on the frame so I definitely took action, i hopefully can keep this one for a long while. The bad part is i ran out before i could do the inside of the frame so ill have to keep up on the washes until i can get more

Just like oldfart i bed lined my rear wheel wells but i used the spray cans to do it myself.

Another couple options are waxoyl. It resembles the factory coating, and steel-it which has stainless steel flakes in it but does cost a bit more. I dont know much about this product either.

OP
OP
K

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I first got my truck, had a shop do a full paint correction, PPF on the front and lower sides, and Ceramic Pro coating on top of everything. I also had ceramic window tint done to keep the interior protected. Then I had a shop Line-X the rear wheel wells, and had another shop do the WoolWax that fall. I knew I was keeping this for a long time, so I didn't mind the expense. VERY happy with everything and would do it again, as long as I know it's a keeper.
Thanks for all of this. really appreciate it and have loved owning a Raptor since 2013. I regret selling my Gen 1-got offered crazy money as I did with my Gen 2 otherwise would still be driving either one. For some reason, I think that party is going to end on the next go round and that is fine with me. Love this new truck as much as I did the others so if that is what I drive every day for the next 20 years that is AOK with me and therefore I want to take care of it.

JJP023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is going in the shop next week for full Xpel stealth. They also do warm water washes throughout the winter that I will do Monthly or Bi Monthly depending on snow/salt/weather etc

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bring two buckets of warm water to the self car wash and wash with my own ****.

Jpro39

Reaction score
Ford has an aluminum body and a coated frame from the factory. Am I missing something about everyone getting the underbody coated? What is the benefit?