GEN 2 WINNER ANNOUNCED!! JDM ENGINEERING GEN 2 TUNING NOW AVAILABLE!! SALE AND FREE GIVEAWAY

What would you like the most out of a custom tune?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

teeoster

Tossing my hat in the ring for winning the tune....ran my first Gen over 180,000 miles....lots of dune runs and trailer towing. Summer and Winter in Michigan. Got a Gen 2 2017 today and would love to try your tune. I have my own sct x4 tuner that I used on my gen 1....should work for gen 2 also?

20190509_155847.jpg

Bwdeluxe05

Reaction score
I had SCT tunes in both my 2010 and 2014 Raptors. Loved the SCT tunes. I hope this works as well as those...I’m a little apprehensive about tuning my 2017...first time I’ve ever owned a V-6 anything!
Seems like there is just more that can go wrong. My truck has 11,000 on it. It’s a daily driver...road queen. But I like performance. So I’m sure I’ll eventually try it

OP
OP
New Nick at JDM

New Nick at JDM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have an unmarried X4, the tune will work for you as well!

The SCT tune is a welcomed improvement over the stock Ford tune.

The JDM Engineering tune is like discovering fire compared to the SCT tune. The Gen 2's feel like a different vehicle once done.

Zilla

Reaction score
Very interested. I have a 19 SCREW with a little less than 8k miles. No mods yet, but considering intake, downpipes, BOV and intercooler. Any ideas on performance with 91 (no 93 here in cali)

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had my 2018 Raptor since August. Just went past 11,000 miles on Thursday.
I loaded the SCT 93 octane tune at 1000 miles and the MPT 93 PRX tune around 2000 miles.
Both tunes feel the same power wise at full throttle but the MPT tune has touchier throttle response.
I liked the MPT transmission tuning at first but lately it seems to be gear hunting and doesn’t want to downshift as quickly. Don’t know if it is a transmission issue or the tune.
Getting ready to go on a little road trip so thinking about going back to the SCT tune for the trip.
Just rambling at this point but my point is, I can give an honest review compared to those two plus the stock tune. Only change to the truck is an AEF dry flow air filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds like you need to re-load your tune.
We tried the SCT tune to see what is adjusted, but our tune is has weeks of R&D in it above and beyond the SCT base tunes. I have a customer in California who loved how the transmission was calibrated and noted a massive change in how the transmission reacts to user input. The transmission is no longer lagging when you put your for in it, and it is now eager to shift into power when need be. Your opinion is helpful! In the running.
Does your email tune deal only include 1 tune for $485?

Osteoblast

Reaction score
I work in the OR and have emergencies throughout the week that have my hazards on with a need for speed. I would love nothing more than to take your tune through its paces on my stock 18’ and will write a write a very fair layman's review on it. I am no technical engineer on this subject so the reader will get the perspective of an everyday driver with a desire for ‘more’. I live in Myrtle Beach (huge vehicle culture here) and will promote on my truck if your tune is as great as I think it is.

73CD04DB-250A-44DC-98F8-CB7CF934135E.png

OP
OP
New Nick at JDM

New Nick at JDM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very interested. I have a 19 SCREW with a little less than 8k miles. No mods yet, but considering intake, downpipes, BOV and intercooler. Any ideas on performance with 91 (no 93 here in cali)

All of the above sounds like a stellar plan.

Numbers will be in monday or tuesday, but I am thinking somewhere high 300's at the tire horsepower wise. Torque should eclipse 500 at the tire as well with that combo.