GEN 2 WINNER ANNOUNCED!! JDM ENGINEERING GEN 2 TUNING NOW AVAILABLE!! SALE AND FREE GIVEAWAY

What would you like the most out of a custom tune?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New Nick at JDM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changing contest prize to an SCT X4 preloaded with a tune instead of an email tune, so anyone can be part of this giveaway!

Hello all,

The wait is over!!!

I'm Nick at JDM Engineering, and I am proud to introduce JDM Engineering's SCT custom tuning options available for the generation 2 Ecoboost Raptors!!!

Jim S.r. has been working on tirelessly with over 300 hours of research and development of the 10r80 and 3.5 Ecoboost combination to allow for stellar performance regardless of cruising down the highway, stop and go traffic, or bombing down a desert trail. Skipped shifts are a thing of the distant past. Every shift is commanding but appropriate for you and your raptor and all 10 gears are commanded sequentially in any condition allowing for reduced torque reduction and increased responsiveness. Expect a grin on your face every time pulling onto a highway, or blowing the doors off a ZR-2.

Most importantly the engine, transmission, and accelerator petal all now act as one leading to a smooth and responsive ride at all positions. This is not a mild adjustment of a pre-loaded tune, but a complete revamp of the PCM and TCM. Currently we are offering custom 87-93 octane tuning for trucks ranging stock to bolt on form including cold air kits, upgraded intercoolers and down pipes.

For all stock to bolt on tuned applications, we recommend changing spark plugs to Motorcraft SP-550 and gapping to .028"

Because this is my first time posting on the FRF forum I am going to give out 1 free SCT X4 with a tune preloaded to anyone on the forum for their 3.5 Raptor. This means contest time :rocking:

JDM is looking for the person who will give the most honest and true opinion of our tune and post to this thread about it. If you love or hate our tune, we want you to post here and let the whole world know. Post a photo of your truck and why you should be the one to receive a free tune. Our only rule is no throttle manipulation hardware installed on the truck (only so you feel the truck as intended.)

The free tune giveaway will run from 5/10/19 to 5/17/19.

Now on to our sale...

From 5/13/19 to 5/24/19 the first (10) ten forum members who elect to purchase a custom tune will receive 100.00 dollars off of either an SCT tuner with a Custom tune preloaded or an email tune.
You can either PM me for a website discount code, or let us know your screen name over the phone.

SCT Tuners and email tunes will be written within a few days of sale in order, and tuners shipping inside of a week.

After 10, we may elect to offer continued discounts or a group buy.

May the best jenny win!

A side note, something new is coning for Gen 1 people as well in the very near future!

Last edited:

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh man I would love to compare my 5 star tune to the JDM tune! Id be super happy if it shifted smoother and pulled a little harder! Would it work with an NGauge or the SCT unit only?

OP
OP
New Nick at JDM

New Nick at JDM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh man I would love to compare my 5 star tune to the JDM tune! Id be super happy if it shifted smoother and pulled a little harder! Would it work with an NGauge or the SCT unit only?

Unfortunately, we only support the SCT Devices due to the software.
We had alot of parameters opened up through SCT for Gen 2 Raptors that weren't available prior, and we have used SCT since inception.
Sorry about that :/

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately, we only support the SCT Devices due to the software.
We had alot of parameters opened up through SCT for Gen 2 Raptors that weren't available prior, and we have used SCT since inception.
Sorry about that :/

no worries, hope its a great tune.

OP
OP
New Nick at JDM

New Nick at JDM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a professional mechanical engineer and work in ground vehicle prototyping, development and testing for the DoD. I have a solid background in powertrain testing and analysis and currently have the Cobb Stage 1+ installed (not that impressed) on my 2018 Raptor. I can provide both subjective and quantitative analysis both individually and comparatively if given the opportunity to evaluate your tune. Hands down, I should win your giveaway and will make it worth your while. I also work on a 6,000 acre proving ground and can take my truck out for some data acquisition. Pic of my truck, mostly all stock for the time being as it only has 3k miles on it:
20190224-151110.jpg

WOW very interesting! Sounds like you are equipped for testing above and beyond! We at JDM think our tuning has nailed performance in all conditions. Due to SCT opening alot of parameters in the tuning software, we had substantially greater control over the tuning process leading to a better calibration for the user than other software packages could offer for Gen 2 Raptors. If you have an SCT Device, you are in the running!

peavey02

Reaction score
I'm a professional mechanical engineer and work in ground vehicle prototyping, development and testing for the DoD. I have a solid background in powertrain testing and analysis and currently have the Cobb Stage 1+ installed (not that impressed) on my 2018 Raptor. I can provide both subjective and quantitative analysis both individually and comparatively if given the opportunity to evaluate your tune. Hands down, I should win your giveaway and will make it worth your while. I also work on a 6,000 acre proving ground and can take my truck out for some data acquisition. Pic of my truck, mostly all stock for the time being as it only has 3k miles on it:
20190224-151110.jpg

Looks like you have a winner! lol

Are you out at APG?

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
20190224-151110.jpg

you have your PE license?

OP
OP
New Nick at JDM

New Nick at JDM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Updated contest prize, so anyone with a raptor is now welcome to post!

Before this coming wednesday, I should have one of our customers raptor's live on the dyno and can show WOT pulls, Dyno graph's, and maybe even a road test for everyone to see. Currently the truck is having installed a Turbosmart BOV, Corsa CAI, Injen Intercooler, and SP550's to go along with a full dyno tune.

14RS3

Reaction score
I have had my 2018 Raptor since August. Just went past 11,000 miles on Thursday.
I loaded the SCT 93 octane tune at 1000 miles and the MPT 93 PRX tune around 2000 miles.
Both tunes feel the same power wise at full throttle but the MPT tune has touchier throttle response.
I liked the MPT transmission tuning at first but lately it seems to be gear hunting and doesn’t want to downshift as quickly. Don’t know if it is a transmission issue or the tune.
Getting ready to go on a little road trip so thinking about going back to the SCT tune for the trip.
Just rambling at this point but my point is, I can give an honest review compared to those two plus the stock tune. Only change to the truck is an AEF dry flow air filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
New Nick at JDM

New Nick at JDM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We tried the SCT tune to see what is adjusted, but our tune is has weeks of R&D in it above and beyond the SCT base tunes. I have a customer in California who loved how the transmission was calibrated and noted a massive change in how the transmission reacts to user input. The transmission is no longer lagging when you put your for in it, and it is now eager to shift into power when need be. Your opinion is helpful! In the running.