windshield wipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lockman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I noticed something funny on my 2012. when uesing the wipers and I'm stepping on the break I can feel the wipers at the start of the stroke its the first time I've ever felt this on any car or truck I've owned. not sure if it's normal on fords or not since this is the first ford I've ever bought. Some opinons on this would be great thanks

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok I noticed something funny on my 2012. when uesing the wipers and I'm stepping on the break I can feel the wipers at the start of the stroke its the first time I've ever felt this on any car or truck I've owned. not sure if it's normal on fords or not since this is the first ford I've ever bought. Some opinons on this would be great thanks

Never head of this at all...what exactly do your mean by "feel the wipers"?

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think you the second to post up about this. Are you pedals all the way against the fire wall?

Try moving them out just a bit and see if it still happens.

Yukon Joe
Delta Force
Snoball500 Support Raptor

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i am getting the same thing on my '12. ill try moving the pedals next time i drive it and see if that changes anything...

Huh..what does it sound like? Do you have aftermarket blades? That is really weird...

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Huh..what does it sound like? Do you have aftermarket blades? That is really weird...

sounds normal but u can feel it in the brake pedal, its almost like a brake pulse somewhat like ABS. wipers are what come on the truck from the dealer new...its weird as hell

OP
OP
L

lockman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
factory wipers and it's like when the wipers move either direction you feel it in the peddle like the wiper motor is rubbing the break peddle. and I don't have adjustable peddles if I do I have no idea how to adjust them. but if it's not normal I'll take it to the dealer as soon as I get back from fallon.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of the wiper feel has to do with the brake/steering shaft being connected to the buldhead(firewall, description not used anymore) that is where the wiper motor is connected and they can sometimes transfer energy to the brake pedal