Windshield wiper wobble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Replaced my oem wipers with Bosch Icons and now lower part of both wiper blades wobble/ shake noticeably on the downward sweeps.

Installed new blades myself, both went firmly into j hooks and new blade clicked into place.

I’m ready to dig my old ones out of yesterday’s trash.

Any advice or suggestions??

I feel like I got ripped off paying for a “premium” wiper blade.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i buy the $12 motorcraft ones and they seem to work just as good as the "premium" ones..

perhaps you could try some rain-x or adam's windshield sealant?

fueler

Reaction score
I've had a few older cars with crappy wipers and wiper arms, and had to do this it will if nothing else help explain why it's happening. I should say one possible reason.

But you shouldn't have to do this to fix your truck I'd think. But maybe the wipers are really old stock and the rubber isn't that new and won't roll like it should from up to down stroke.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just checked my amazon and I purchased the Bosch Icon 22 exactly once. They're junk. I've had a bunch of different wipers on my truck and other vehicles too and the best by far are the Rain-X Latitude.They're usually just a few dollars cheaper than the Icons... I think 5 dollars a least but during sales It can be 8 or 10 dollars a blade.

Additionally, looks like there are two different blades for our trucks according to Bosch... 22A and 22B... perhaps you got 2 of the same, or maybe mounted them on the opposite side? It really shouldn't make a difference... but its worth noting.

OP
OP
Winchester30

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you’re talking to me, I’ve got the 22a and 22b installed drivers side and passenger side appropriately.

Good to know I’m not the only one not in the Bosch fan club. Overrated, to me.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you’re talking to me, I’ve got the 22a and 22b installed drivers side and passenger side appropriately.

Good to know I’m not the only one not in the Bosch fan club. Overrated, to me.

Yeah, I wasn't insinuating anything... if you didn't know any better it would probably be easy to look over.

OP
OP
Winchester30

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I swapped them back to the old ones.
The oem do wobble a little, but not like the Bosch.

jonfo

Reaction score
I had the same problem with the Bosch, the local auto stored swapped them out for a newer Bosch model and they hop less, but after reading this i think i may go back and get the rainx.

ezndo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you clean the windshield really well? Take a clay bar to it, you’d be surprised as to what comes off. That can stop the chatter.