windshield wiper thumping in brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irrex

Reaction score
i've had my raptor for about 6 months and today it started raining and for the first time i've noticed that when the windshield wipers are on i feel a thumping in the break pedal as they move back and forth. this is very odd and actually quite annoying as i feel a vibration every time they move from the up position to the down position. not sure what is causing this or if I have ever had this problem before today. anybody have a similar problem with they truck or have heard about it. also if anybody know of any ways to fix the problem. Haven't contacted the ford dealer yet, but i imagine that this is going to bother me when the snow starts coming down.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine does it too. Its pretty annoying but luckily it doesn't rain much here.

The first time it happened I was like...WTF? I did some research and many guys have the same feeling. I guess its semi normal.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford trucks have been doing it since 1997. Would rather have a thumping brake pedal than no wipers anyday!

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
If mine does it, I haven't noticed it. It's rained a few times and I don't remember anything weird like that.

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea it does that.. You get used to it.

It was raining her today and I didnt feel a thing now that I think about it... Just dont hit the brake as much...