Windshield Wiper Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trail_Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having a weird issue with my windshield wipers, sometimes they just won't turn off and are stuck in the longest (time wise) intermittent setting when in the off position.

Sometimes turning them on and off a few times cures the problem, but I was curious if anyone else has experienced this and is there a quick fix instead of visit to the dealer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pull the steering wheel and airbag. better to have the dealer do it since it most likely would be under warranty. i replaced them in a toyota before, but not a ford. it was still a pain in the ass.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't some vehicles have the circuit board built into the wiper motor? Have seen it, not sure about where ours are?

OP
OP
Trail_Rider

Trail_Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks. It's definitely covered under warranty, I was just hoping it might be something easy fix.

Thanks again.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would just take it to the dealership down the street. It's probably an easy fix, but unless your willing to rip your steering wheel apart, just let them do it. I use Wall's Ford in Salisbury, they've been pretty good.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, thanks. It's definitely covered under warranty, I was just hoping it might be something easy fix.

Thanks again.

Hi Bill,

Are you going to head in to the dealer soon and have this repaired? What's the current mileage on your truck? I'm just a few clicks away if you need my assistance.

Crystal

OP
OP
Trail_Rider

Trail_Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Bill,

Are you going to head in to the dealer soon and have this repaired? What's the current mileage on your truck? I'm just a few clicks away if you need my assistance.

Crystal

Hi Crystal,

Yes, I'm hoping to get down to Danvers Ford this coming weekend.

My current mileage is 19,819 it's a 2013 SuperCab.

Thanks for the help.

Bill

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi Crystal,

Yes, I'm hoping to get down to Danvers Ford this coming weekend.

My current mileage is 19,819 it's a 2013 SuperCab.

Thanks for the help.

Bill

I'm sure you'll be in great hands at the dealer, Bill. Come back and tell us how your appointment goes; I'll be able to step in and help once they've looked things over.

Crystal