Windshield Wiper Fluid/Rant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Webb24

Reaction score
First let me say I will never take my truck to the dealership again. I had rats chew the knock sensor wire and the dealer had my truck over a month. They put over 50 miles on my truck and picked up food for themselves on their lunch breaks in it.

I ask them to make sure the windshield wiper fluid works and if they could give me an estimate on how much it would be to get my drivers side heated seat fixed. Needless to say neither of those things happened and I basically had to threaten them to put my truck back together.

Is there anything I can try to get the windshield wiper fluid to actually spray? The wipers wipe when you hit the button but no fluid sprays. There seems to be plenty of fluid in the bottle.

Also, when I purchased the truck the drivers side heated seat never worked. I took it back, they confirmed it was the heating coil and ordered the part. This was March of 2020 and not long after the shop shut down for covid for a month or two. Then summer hit and I never took my truck back until last month for the wire chewing and recall stuff. When ask about the heated seat they said I waited too long and that I couldn't even have the part they ordered on my behalf. Does anyone know a part number or where to get the heating coil for the seat and roughly how much labor is involved to replace it?

I am sorry this is a bit of a rant, I'm just frustrated.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
First let me say I will never take my truck to the dealership again. I had rats chew the knock sensor wire and the dealer had my truck over a month. They put over 50 miles on my truck and picked up food for themselves on their lunch breaks in it.

Double Ewe.
Tee.
Eff.

In VA that would be a potential class 5 felony. Yes, they have the truck for repairs, and it would be a difficult case to present but doable. The stealership should be ashamed of that kind of abuse ( on social media, so other potential customers would know their vehicles would be abused also ).

I ask them to make sure the windshield wiper fluid works and if they could give me an estimate on how much it would be to get my drivers side heated seat fixed. Needless to say neither of those things happened and I basically had to threaten them to put my truck back together.

I had a busted windshield in ’20, and they forgot to hook up the hose to the - I think it’s the pump or feed to the sprayers. I just had to trace out the line, which the windshield shop described to me over the phone. It took about 10 minutes with a flashlight - even in sunlight- Connected it and done.
Try that first; if you can hear the pump then it’s probably just a missing hose connection.

Also, when I purchased the truck the drivers side heated seat never worked. I took it back, they confirmed it was the heating coil and ordered the part. This was March of 2020 and not long after the shop shut down for covid for a month or two. Then summer hit and I never took my truck back until last month for the wire chewing and recall stuff. When ask about the heated seat they said I waited too long and that I couldn't even have the part they ordered on my behalf. Does anyone know a part number or where to get the heating coil for the seat and roughly how much labor is involved to replace it?

I want to say it was @goblues38 who just recently replaced theirs but if not him then there’s a recent post on it- within the last 2-3 months. Surprisingly doable.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Part numbers below.
  • FPE:000293176
  • Purchase Order:
      • Part Information
    • Part Number: JL3Z14D696H Description: Heating Element Qty: 1

OP
OP
W

Webb24

Reaction score

Part numbers below.
  • FPE:000293176
  • Purchase Order:
      • Part Information
    • Part Number: JL3Z14D696H Description: Heating Element Qty: 1
Thank you so much for the detailed write up! I feel like I overreacted now that I see its a $19 part and a few hours of my time. Still learned a valuable lesson on taking my truck to the dealership. I just have full coverage insurance and I baby the truck so I just thought I was doing the right thing. Never again...

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
that’s not reflective of all, a majority or even many stealerships. That’s pretty rare.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone remember the guy on here that bought a Gen2 and was having some work done on it and the technician took it for some extended joy ride? There were rumors of the guy having a party in it and it was all on the dashcam. I think he ended up with a new truck if he swore to keep the dealership name private.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats why when I drop it of I take a pic of the dash for miles and fuel. I make sure I let the service rep I am working with know I have it documented. for something that doesn't need to be driven to fix should have no additional miles. definitely need to get something out of it. at the least.

Therock88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On your WS Washer...As some others have said. Check to ensure the hose is connected at the tank, and the spray nozzles. There is also the small pump on the bottom of the tank...Be sure it is working and/or connected. Easy to replace...They just press in. I had this picture that may help you from when I was converting my tank for Water Methanol. You can get to the tank from the Passenger/Right Wheel apron. Good luck.

20211006_120234.jpg

nin9r

Reaction score
I've had the sprayers clog. A small pick and some compressed air with the hose removed to gently blow back out whatever might be blocking the sprayer has worked.