GEN 2 Windshield washer issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CP312

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After picking up my truck Monday, I’ve discovered the windshield washers don’t work. Tank is full and the motor runs when activated but nothing comes out. It’s been in the 60s here so definitely not frozen. Should I just keep pushing the button? Doesn’t seem like it should take very long to get fluid from the tank to the nozzles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
is there anything coming out and is the pump making noise?
if there’s pump noise and nothing at all coming out, was it serviced recently? That might be a loose hose.

if no pump noise, take it to the dealer.

OP
OP
CP312

CP312

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is there anything coming out and is the pump making noise?
if there’s pump noise and nothing at all coming out, was it serviced recently? That might be a loose hose.

if no pump noise, take it to the dealer.
Yea pump noise but nothing coming out. Truck hasn’t been serviced, I just bought it new.

2SVT'S

Reaction score
I had to have the pump replaced with less than 3K miles on my 2017, it just stopped spraying one day.

mfa81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lose hose might be the problem, any water coming out under the truck?

OP
OP
CP312

CP312

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Figured it out. I just held the button down and eventually it started working. I would’ve thought it should work much faster than that.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
keep an eye on it. if the behavior repeats, you may have a hose leak.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Figured it out. I just held the button down and eventually it started working. I would’ve thought it should work much faster than that.

The 2015 F150s had issues with a check valve in the washer fluid line that would cause freeze ups in the winter. That check valve kept the fluid from draining back down to the tank, which is why you have to hold the button for so long on your truck. That part caused issues and cost them money, and it's really not needed, so I'd guess that check valve is non-existent on an 2018 F150 and is why your truck is slow to respond.